Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I can be there. Aiming for 8am to be safe. Would I be able to get a sticker and flag?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Sorry, don't got any personal info on that, I had my setup from years past, and not in Florence. Refer to the first post for more info?

·
Registered
77 Posts
For anyone that is interested in a group of us are going to be going out at three today for a mid afternoon run meet up at south jetty staging area by three and out by 330

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Wanted to say a sorry for disappearing on everyone Saturday afternoon and evening. I got hit with sudden onset stomach flu/food poisoning..? It was not a good scene in my hotel room all night last night. Didn't get any sleep and then had a 9.5 hour drive back to Boise. The drive was brutal on no food, no sleep and badly dehydrated, but I made it home safe.

See you all next year.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Wanted to say a sorry for disappearing on everyone Saturday afternoon and evening. I got hit with sudden onset stomach flu/food poisoning..? It was not a good scene in my hotel room all night last night. Didn't get any sleep and then had a 9.5 hour drive back to Boise. The drive was brutal on no food, no sleep and badly dehydrated, but I made it home safe.

See you all next year.
You didn't happen to eat at the Zebra Bar in old town Florence did you? My wife and I suffered the exact same thing after eating lunch there Thursday. It was a terrible night for the both of us to say the least. Not fun.

The dunes were great though, once we recovered!

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
You didn't happen to eat at the Zebra Bar in old town Florence did you? My wife and I suffered the exact same thing after eating lunch there Thursday. It was a terrible night for the both of us to say the least. Not fun.

Nope. I also ate nothing suspicious, like raw oysters, etc. It's going on about 30 hours since it started and it hasn't got much better. :cowfrown:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

See you all next year.
That sounds brutal, hope you feel better soon. Glad you made it home safely.

You didn't happen to eat at the Zebra Bar in old town Florence did you? My wife and I suffered the exact same thing after eating lunch there Thursday. It was a terrible night for the both of us to say the least. Not fun. The dunes were great though, once we recovered!
Sounds like you guys recovered fast.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I had a great time this weekend. I hope to see you all again next year if i can make it. Ill keep an eye out for more fj events now!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Curious on how this trip would be during the summer with more of the dunes dried out...
Me too. Your aerial shot shows the treacherous nature of the wet sand. Where the rigs are stuck it looks dry, and then people are parked where it is wet with no problem.

Nice meeting you there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Had a blast! Thanks to everyone for all of their help and support. We need more of these events!!!

Dalton

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
If you both ate at the same place, someone should contact the county health department and make a report.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Curious on how this trip would be during the summer with more of the dunes dried out...
Summer is a bad idea for this run. Problem is the Quads and motorcycles running all over the place in every direction. They tend to hate the large rigs on the sand and they are hard to see and keep track of when driving around in a large group of FJ's

·
Registered
128 Posts
As I ride, limited to 30 mph, down a smooth path of crumbled stone and tar, a bland silver FJ on road tires passes by without even noticing my existence, I come to the slightly depressing realization that the 51 week itch has taken a strong hold of me once again.

Thank you to all who put the effort into making this happen every year. Thank you to all the saviors coming to the rescue of those in need without hesitation. Even though I can't remember more than a few names, I see all of you as my close friends, both those that I have meet in the years past and the new friends from this year. Already can't wait for next year.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Interesting MPG notes for the trip. :)

To Florence from Portland - 18.45 MPG
Dune running in Florence - 7.65 MPG
To Portland from Florence - 19.02 MPG

·
Registered
733 Posts
Interesting MPG notes for the trip. :)

To put it in perspective though....

To Florence from Portland - 56.23 SPG (Smiles Per Gallon)

Dune running in Florence - 1002.67 SPG

To Portland from Florence: -21.34 SPG or 563.25 FPG

😀

·
Registered
531 Posts
Interesting MPG notes for the trip.

In the gorge on the way there I was against the wind getting 13mpgs, and on the way back i was with the wind getting 24. Made it from portland to tri cities on a hair more than a half tank!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
This is a good time to break out the grease gun, and hit all your zerks after running through the water like we all did. I know I have neglected this in the past.

201 - 220 of 221 Posts