Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 120 of 221 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Yes, after removing the entire interior and washing everything it actually dried out and turned out fine. (OH THE PRICE WE PAY FOR STUPIDITY)
You mean this :rocker:

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Wow, that is a lot of work.
It is alot of work but for anyone that "dunks" their FJ believe me that is the ONLY way you will get it cleaned up and completely dry to avoid problems later on. Felt good to learn more about the interior, have a chance to do some additional wiring and know I could be confident I had no long term effects.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I want in! Haven't ever done this ride before, so sounds like not a ticket issue like the Summit? I am a 80% certainty at this point. Checking into local hotels or yurt for the wifey. Sounds like a great time!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I want in! Haven't ever done this ride before, so sounds like not a ticket issue like the Summit? I am a 80% certainty at this point. Checking into local hotels or yurt for the wifey. Sounds like a great time!
No ticket. Just show up and have fun with the 30+ other FJs on the beach.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.
Please double check the list of those attending the Beach Run and make sure you are on it (second post on page 1 of this thread). If your attendance status has changed, let me know and I will make corrections. Thanks!
Let's have a huge group this year and go enjoy the company and the fun.
Dave & Kerry

·
Registered
824 Posts
I will make sure we do a brief about where to go and what to avoid so we can minimize these types of mistakes. And if they do happen, know we have LOTS of experience to get you out (with the goal of being able to make it home without a tow truck)

If it is your 1st time out, stick with the main group, ask questions and follow those with a bit more experience.

Looking forward to a great meet up and run this year!

Dave

You mean this :rocker:

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I will make sure we do a brief about where to go and what to avoid so we can minimize these types of mistakes. And if they do happen, know we have LOTS of experience to get you out (with the goal of being able to make it home without a tow truck)

If it is your 1st time out, stick with the main group, ask questions and follow those with a bit more experience.

Looking forward to a great meet up and run this year!

Dave
I remember the brief statement last year. "Do not drive across any standing water, it may look shallow, but it can be soft and suck you right in."

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I am now a definite, changed from maybe. See you all there on Friday morning!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I am now a definite, changed from maybe. See you all there on Friday morning!
Wow, that's a long drive for you. I can see how that would be a maybe. Hope you make it.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Less than 30 days people!!! Hope this is the biggest beach rally yet!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a newbie for the Beach Run and to sand in general, but looking forward to trying it out (all but the standing water) and learning some new things.

I am also selling some low-profile drawers that I designed for my FJ. You can see them at my ETSY sale site: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SidehillDesigns?ref=l2-shopheader-name

I don't want to hijack this thread, so if you are interested, please contact me at [email protected] or through my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/sidehilldesigns/

I'm excited to get some sand in the FJ!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I need to change the sand in my floor boards from 2014 Run so I'm a maybe from Coeur D Alene. Going one of two places over the break either Moab or Beach. Beach is easier but I will watch weather. Need some sun badly.
Hope to meet some more of you out there.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Booked my room this morning. :grin
Come by and see us at the house like last year. I'm sure we'll be BBQing and watching movies.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I need to change the sand in my floor boards from 2014 Run so I'm a maybe from Coeur D Alene. Going one of two places over the break either Moab or Beach. Beach is easier but I will watch weather. Need some sun badly.
I'm still cleaning out sand from 2013. Come on and add new sand to your old sand.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Finally able to say that I will be in attendance for this years Beach Run!! ?? Booked in at the Comfort Inn Florence with a buddy. We plan on coming down from Portland Thursday morning at some point and staying untill Saturday mid-day.

See you guys then!!

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I have no sand to swap out! However, I am looking forward to ripping everything out of the FJ to vacuum out the 2 gallons of sand like I did last year. I consider part of the experience!
Who knows I may have less sand this year, I just need to remember to roll up windows before doing donuts in the sand!

·
Registered
86 Posts
i know its late but you can add me to the list of attendees

101 - 120 of 221 Posts