1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This is the camping area at Buck island

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
what exactly are the build requirements set out by Rubithon?
Deb the min requirements for Rubithon are as follows
2.5 to 3 inch lift and 33 inch tires .
Lockers Front and Rear
Front ,rear ,side ,and underbelly armor
Winch
2m Ham radio
Recovery Gear , heavy straps shackles snatch block Fire ext .
Note that if you are only sporting 33s and a 2.5 lift Expect to spend a lot of time testing your sliders and rear bumper ,and stacking rocks .

Now i did not have a front locker and Atrac worked ok . I now have a front locker
You will use your sliders they will get scratched .
Ham is the only way to get help if needed there is no cell service ( in a small group like we will be CB is ok to talk between ourselves )
The biggest plus to our group is we are Primarily FJs so between us we have Spare parts and tools and experience with the FJ and lines to take .

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Thanks for the insight Firemedic- I had forgotten that you attended this event! Love the pics and scenery! It’s interesting that with the seemingly small difference there is betwixt a 33 and 35 inch tires - esp aired down -makes that big of a difference on the trail. Wish I had thought of this the last time I bought tires!

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,587 Posts
Well it begins, today I’ll start stripping the interior clean out of my FJ to sound deaden it and install new wiring in the roof for lights front and rear on the new rack as well as an upgraded solar panel that actually works as designed, definitely gonna need the fridge.

I’ve also gotta change that cv I screwed up in Moab (yes I drove it home like that 🤣) and track down a wicked squeak that I hope isn’t coming from an SPC uca bushing.

I just don’t know if I can pull off the install of the Tacobox by myself, I should’ve just driven it up to your shop @CabinCruiser and paid you guys to help me do it. Getting the drivelines right is my biggest concern, there’s nobody down here I can think of that I trust doing this.

I'm still waiting on my Reszfab bumper to come in, should be here by summer...🥴 then I’ll probably go with one of them fancy Comeup winches that I watched in action in Moab, quality American product. I had what I thought was a sweet deal on a Warn Zeon 12K but it turns out it was a 10 so I passed.

Might not be the the right thread to post this buuut I think it’s right where it needs to be.

·
トヨタ Master
6,168 Posts
I just don’t know if I can pull off the install of the Tacobox by myself, I should’ve just driven it up to your shop @CabinCruiser and paid you guys to help me do it. Getting the drivelines right is my biggest concern, there’s nobody down here I can think of that I trust doing this.
Two words: Tom Woods :cool:(y)

·
トヨタ Master
6,168 Posts
Lol, it’s me getting the measurements right that scares the hell out of me!
It's not that difficult if you pay attention on where to measure. They also build long travel splined shafts for those who have a crooked tape measure. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Ok so there is some talk about Lodging . In Moab i will be staying in a motel . When we leave Moab it is a full days drive to Tahoe . depending on what route we take will factor in . Sand Mountain is along the way of 1 route . As of now a few of us are talking about renting a House for Not sure how long yet ? My thought is 3 days min since well most have a 3 day minimum lol . But if we get in say Monady eve , then go to Fordyce Tue for the day That leaves us Wed to prep for the Rubicon . get food ect . The Rubicon will be a 3 day trip . After that we can peel of and go home or go on to the next adventure . Now . most of these Homes /cabins , sleep 10 but you can get smaller places . If we have a full 10 rigs And i think we are close . then that is 10-20 people . so we may have to split in to 2 groups or do your own thing . Things fill up pretty fast . so i will be making reservations for a place so i know i at least have a place . The Truckee area is what we are looking at and is cheaper than Tahoe .

So far

My daughter and myself Plus Elsie
DebFJVT and maybe Chris ?
Jerry and wife or son
Kyle and April and Pup

Iconic and IC2

Thorn ? wife and kids
Cabin Cruiser ?
Monoflores and family ?
Motion Mike ?

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Dates . we are locking in dates . Our window on the Rubicon closes on the 21st of July so we want to be off and gone by then . Jeepers Jambo starts the 21st - Aug 2 . SO . it looks like some /most of us will be rolling into Moab around Wed the 8th . Run trails Thur Fri Sat and something easy on Sunday . We will leave early Monday Morning the 13th and make our way to Tahoe . some of us are looking into renting a house and can help if other would like to go in on one . But the plan is on Tue go in and play around on Fordyce trail / run Signal peak . Then on Wed relax /Prep get food what ever for the Rubicon . We will leave early Thurs the 16th to start the Rubicon . and be off the trail by that Sunday .

·
トヨタ Master
6,168 Posts
Ok so there is some talk about Lodging . In Moab i will be staying in a motel . When we leave Moab it is a full days drive to Tahoe . depending on what route we take will factor in . Sand Mountain is along the way of 1 route . As of now a few of us are talking about renting a House for Not sure how long yet ? My thought is 3 days min since well most have a 3 day minimum lol . But if we get in say Monady eve , then go to Fordyce Tue for the day That leaves us Wed to prep for the Rubicon . get food ect . The Rubicon will be a 3 day trip . After that we can peel of and go home or go on to the next adventure . Now . most of these Homes /cabins , sleep 10 but you can get smaller places . If we have a full 10 rigs And i think we are close . then that is 10-20 people . so we may have to split in to 2 groups or do your own thing . Things fill up pretty fast . so i will be making reservations for a place so i know i at least have a place . The Truckee area is what we are looking at and is cheaper than Tahoe .

So far

My daughter and myself Plus Elsie
DebFJVT and maybe Chris ?
Jerry and wife or son
Kyle and April and Pup

Iconic and IC2

Thorn ? wife and kids
Cabin Cruiser ?
Monoflores and family ?
Motion Mike ?
Probably pitch a tent in someone's front yard and leave my deodorant at home. :LOL:

No seriously, I have no clue at this point. If 2020 looks like this year (God, please, I hope not!), then I won't be attending. Gotta get through this year 1st. If I can get another good tech hired in the spring, then I'll figure out accommodations at a higher rate for what's left unfortunately. Kinda like Summit last year.

·
トヨタ Master
6,168 Posts
Sounds good to me Jeff. We might be rolling into Moab a day or two later than ya'll again. Its a long way back home after Rubicon so I figure I'll kill that week afterwards meandering back home.
I still want to get the Morrison knocked out one of these times.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sounds good to me Jeff. We might be rolling into Moab a day or two later than ya'll again. Its a long way back home after Rubicon so I figure I'll kill that week afterwards meandering back home.
PM me your email address! We started an official slack channel for those that are 100% in with our group, for planning and what not

·
Registered
599 Posts
I've very interested. Can you add me to the list?

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Current list
1 Deb FJVT . Confirmed and Locked in . FJc . 35s . F/R Lockers
2 Jerry Confirmed and Locked in. lexus gx . 35s F/R Lockers
3 Shrdnar Confirmed and Locked in. FJc . 35s ?/R Lockers
4 Firemedic Confirmed and locked in. FJc . 35s F/R Lockers
5 Iconic Confirmed . FJc . 37s F/R Lockers
6 IC2 . Confirmed . 4runner 35s F/R Lockers
7 Rich Jacot Confirmed . FJc . 35s . F/R Lockers