Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As we did last year, Angie & I will be hosting a scenic convoy through the best parts of Colorado to the summit.
This convoy is meant to showcase some of the best scenery Colorado has to offer on the way to Ouray from the east. If you're driving to the Summit from all points east of Colorado, I highly encourage you to consider running with us.

Last year we had a couple of out of state FJ's, and quite a few Colorado FJ's. This year we'll once again be meeting with a group from Denver near Buena Vista. Thread here:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/south-west-region/47780-colorado-convoy-denver.html

Here are the details so far:
We'll be meeting in Colorado Springs (actually closer to Manitou Springs) on the 16th at around 9:00 am.
We'll proceed west on US-24, over Ute Pass, Wilkerson Pass, and Trout Creek Pass toward Buena Vista. We'll head south on 285, then west on US-50 over Monarch Pass. After we pass the Blue Mesa Reservoir (the largest lake in Colorado). Last year some of us went over Owl Creek Pass and came out south of Ridgway, others went through Montrose and down to Ouray.

Here's the route in Google Maps:
http://fjc-mag.com/fjc-magazine-pdf-downloads/other-files/colorado-springs-ouray-convoy-to-the-fj-summit/download.html - Google Maps

We had about 10 FJ's last year, it would be great to have twice that many this year.

Let us know if you'd like to convoy out to the Summit with us!

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
This is a possibility, if I opt for the after-Ouray Moab trip rather than the Pre-Ouray Moab trip. :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I am bumping this for all Colorado Springs and nearby FJ'ers.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Im totally in, me and my buddy 2 FJ's.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
q80, I gotcha on the other thread. This is going to be fun.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Totally, i came last year with one of my friends and this year we are going to be 4 instead of 2. You also knw we are from Kuwait we are students here and its fun experiencing this type of off-roading and gatherings which are beautiful. We are not used to high elevations but it was an awesome experience. Thank you again for this great idea...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm in! But you'll have to pick us up in Woodland Park on your way up Highway 24...:cheers: Owl Creek pass or some other non U.S. 50/550 route is fine...

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:Bump: Can everyone confirm (as close as you can) if they're heading up with us. We'll be meeting the Denver group near BV & our numbers will grow significantly :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm still planning on it...:rocker:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Shane,

It looks like the Early Birds will have 11 in their convoy. That includes me in my Tundra. I will stay 10 car lengths back...:lol:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
so i just want to make sure i know what the heck is going on here, there are a few threads, how many convoys are going and when and who is joining each? i plan on leaving in the earlier group, whichever that is

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 59 Posts