Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Won't be able to catch up with the convoy, since we are leaving late Wednesday morning. On Thursday, we plan on crossing Blue Mesa from the south, coming up through South Fork, Creede, Lake City. Beautiful country, well worth going out of the way and staying off the interstate!!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
97 Posts
This sounds pretty good - BUT were in Salida on Highway 50 - staying at the Silver Ridge Lodge tuesday night....(any comments about the accomodations????) Where and when can we join in?:clap:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This sounds pretty good - BUT were in Salida on Highway 50 - staying at the Silver Ridge Lodge tuesday night....(any comments about the accomodations????) Where and when can we join in?:clap:
Our group, along with the Denver group should be rolling onto US-50 North of Salida at around 10:30-11:00 on Wed. Morning. We'll be on CB CH 7 / FRS CH 7 / HAM 145.777. As the time draws near if you PM me your cell phone # we can give you a better time estimate that morning.

The more the merrier :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
As we did last year, Angie & I will be hosting a scenic convoy through the best parts of Colorado to the summit.
This convoy is meant to showcase some of the best scenery Colorado has to offer on the way to Ouray from the east. If you're driving to the Summit from all points east of Colorado, I highly encourage you to consider running with us.

Last year we had a couple of out of state FJ's, and quite a few Colorado FJ's. This year we'll once again be meeting with a group from Denver near Buena Vista. Thread here:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/south-west-region/47780-colorado-convoy-denver.html

Here are the details so far:
We'll be meeting in Colorado Springs (actually closer to Manitou Springs) on the 16th at around 8:00 am.
We'll proceed west on US-24, over Ute Pass, Wilkerson Pass, and Trout Creek Pass toward Buena Vista. We'll head south on 285, then west on US-50 over Monarch Pass. After we pass the Blue Mesa Reservoir (the largest lake in Colorado). Last year some of us went over Owl Creek Pass and came out south of Ridgway, others went through Montrose and down to Ouray.

Here's the route in Google Maps:
http://fjc-mag.com/fjc-magazine-pdf-downloads/other-files/colorado-springs-ouray-convoy-to-the-fj-summit/download.html - Google Maps

We had about 10 FJ's last year, it would be great to have twice that many this year.

Let us know if you'd like to convoy out to the Summit with us!
Any idea what cb channel you will be on ? I'll try to join up in Woodland Park, Time??

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am here in Colorado springs, i would like to join the convoy if possible still.
1 FJ 2 really excited people.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok, this is what I have for our little convoy:

We'll be meeting the Denver (early) convoy near Buena Vista

MountainMan
Kent + 1 or 2
Brian (WP)
Two Sheds (WP)
Jess342
Mrs.VoltsAndBolts (Salida)

Anyone else coming through the springs the morning of the 16th?

·
Registered
201 Posts
We'll be on Ch 7. We should be in WP around 8:30 or so :)
Shane, 8:30 in WP sounds great. Want to do the McDonalds as a rally point again?:thinkerg:

Edit: Are we planning on stopping for lunch somewhere or should we plan on a brown bag?

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Last year we stopped for lunch in Gunni, so I'm sure that'll be the plan this year. When we meet up w/the denver convoy we'll have over 15 trucks, so getting everyone to brownbag will be pretty impossible. We'll be dipping in the cooler though.

McD's sounds fine to me :)

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The CS folks will meet the Denver folks @ johnson's village near buena vista at around 10:00am or so. :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Hey Shane you mentioned in the Ham thread that you would be monitoring the repeaters on your way to Ouray....well we will cross your path a bit coming south and then west thru Gunnison and to Montrose to pick up my wife who is flying in for the Summit.
I will load the repeaters and try to raise you on the radio so the Continental Divide Expedition can see if we can share any road time with your convoy.

thanks
Lance

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Would anyone mind if we left a little later so that both the Denver convoys could leave together? We would probably not do Owl Creek pass, so we'd get to Ouray about the same time.

Of course, if it's a wonderfully gorgeous day we could always opt for Owl Creek at the last minute..

What does everyone think? If we leave later & meet w/both denver groups - our combined convoy would be over 20 fj's :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Would anyone mind if we left a little later so that both the Denver convoys could leave together? We would probably not do Owl Creek pass, so we'd get to Ouray about the same time.

Of course, if it's a wonderfully gorgeous day we could always opt for Owl Creek at the last minute..

What does everyone think? If we leave later & meet w/both denver groups - our combined convoy would be over 20 fj's :)
Plan it, and they will come...:clap: Just let me know what time you'll be through WP!:bigthumb:

21 - 40 of 59 Posts