Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
My son and I would love to join up. We will be leaving Kansas City the morning of the 15th and plan to stay the night in Colorado Springs. We will meet up with the group in Manitou in the AM at the rally point. Being my first time, can someone supply an address so I can plug it into my GPS? Thanks and look forward to the trip!

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ok, to sum everything up:
We'll be meeting at the Safeway Parking Lot:
safeway, manitou springs, co - Google Maps

At 9:00am. We want to leave at 9, so try to be ready (fueled, fed, etc) We'll then meet the WP folks at McDonalds:
524 E US Highway 24, Woodland Park, CO - Google Maps

Around 9:15am. from there it's about 1:45 to Johnson's Village. We'll meet the Denver Convoy (http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/national-summit-discussion/47797-denver-ouray-convoy.html) @ JV:
12900 US Highway 24 - Google Maps

At 10:45-11:00 am. We'll try not to hang out too much so we can get to Ouray by about 4:00pm or so. We'll be picking up MrsVoltsandBolts in Salida & we'll be listening to the HAM Radios (we should have 4 hams with us when we meet the Denver convoy), so we're hoping to pickup 1 or 2 more along the way.

If you're meeting us in CO Springs or Woodland Park, PLEASE RSVP here. I'll use Mobaganda to send an e-mail to everyone w/my phone # & any last minute news.

mobaganda* - Summit 08 Co Springs - Ouray Convoy

·
Registered
201 Posts
Shane, where do you find all of these cool web tools?! Thanks for putting this together!:cheers:

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ok, to sum everything up:
We'll be meeting at the Safeway Parking Lot:
safeway, manitou springs, co - Google Maps

At 9:00am. We want to leave at 9, so try to be ready (fueled, fed, etc) We'll then meet the WP folks at McDonalds:
524 E US Highway 24, Woodland Park, CO - Google Maps

Around 9:15am. from there it's about 1:45 to Johnson's Village. We'll meet the Denver Convoy (http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/national-summit-discussion/47797-denver-ouray-convoy.html) @ JV:
12900 US Highway 24 - Google Maps

At 10:45-11:00 am. We'll try not to hang out too much so we can get to Ouray by about 4:00pm or so. We'll be picking up MrsVoltsandBolts in Salida & we'll be listening to the HAM Radios (we should have 4 hams with us when we meet the Denver convoy), so we're hoping to pickup 1 or 2 more along the way.

If you're meeting us in CO Springs or Woodland Park, PLEASE RSVP here. I'll use Mobaganda to send an e-mail to everyone w/my phone # & any last minute news.

mobaganda* - Summit 08 Co Springs - Ouray Convoy
My son and I will meet you at the Safeway in Manitou. See you there!:wave:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Want to add one more to the mix??

We are camping near the Maroon Bells Sunday and Monday nights, moving to Marble on Tuesday Night. We could meet up with you at Gunnison. Any ideas what time the convoy might be rolling through Gunnison?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Terahex, would love to have you join the group. We should be in Gunnison around 12:30 - 1. We won't be stopping along the way, because Dad (Shane) said we won't. :rofl:

See you there.

Jackie :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
We will stop as much as everyone wants. Ok, we'll slow down to 25 as much as anyone wants ;)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
We will try to be at Gunnison on HWY 50 by 12:30. We will be listening on CB 7. Wow!!! looks like AT&T has cell cover in Gunnison. I will PM Shane my cell and maybe he (or someone) can call as you all enter Gunnison. Don't wait for us, and we will not wait more than 30 minutes for you. It is hard to keep on schedule when you are trying to coordinate with so many groups. So if we don't see you in Gunnison, we are see you in Ouray!!!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hey Terahex I have 2 bottles of Sherridans for you. I will be traveling with Shane's group. See you there. :cheers:
WooooHoooo.... Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Cool, If you RSVP with Mobaganda you'll get my cell # in an e-mail later this week.

·
Registered
143 Posts
As we did last year, Angie & I will be hosting a scenic convoy through the best parts of Colorado to the summit.
This convoy is meant to showcase some of the best scenery Colorado has to offer on the way to Ouray from the east. If you're driving to the Summit from all points east of Colorado, I highly encourage you to consider running with us.

Last year we had a couple of out of state FJ's, and quite a few Colorado FJ's. This year we'll once again be meeting with a group from Denver near Buena Vista. Thread here:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/south-west-region/47780-colorado-convoy-denver.html

Here are the details so far:
We'll be meeting in Colorado Springs (actually closer to Manitou Springs) on the 16th at around 9:00 am.
We'll proceed west on US-24, over Ute Pass, Wilkerson Pass, and Trout Creek Pass toward Buena Vista. We'll head south on 285, then west on US-50 over Monarch Pass. After we pass the Blue Mesa Reservoir (the largest lake in Colorado). Last year some of us went over Owl Creek Pass and came out south of Ridgway, others went through Montrose and down to Ouray.

Here's the route in Google Maps:
http://fjc-mag.com/fjc-magazine-pdf-downloads/other-files/colorado-springs-ouray-convoy-to-the-fj-summit/download.html - Google Maps

We had about 10 FJ's last year, it would be great to have twice that many this year.

Let us know if you'd like to convoy out to the Summit with us!
Shane ... I was hooking up with the Denver to Ouray convoy, but might not be due to my son being sick still. I was thinking of taking the Denver to Springs route then your convoys route. Is your route all paved road or are these passes "off road"? I'd prefer to take the scenic way, but don't want to take the little one off road jus yet.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
We're actually going to be on pavement the entire time, not like our original plan to do Owl Creek Pass. If you're in denver you may want to just join up with them. We'll be meeting the denver convoy outside of Buena Vista tomorrow at about 10:30-10:45.

You are, of course, welcome to come down & run from the springs with us. It's a great drive either way.

I'll PM you my cell.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Shane, thanks for hosting the convoy. It was a great ride. We appreciate your time!:clap:

Bob and Cameron

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Years later, I finally uploaded the video I recorded while standing in the middle of Main Street that day as you guys rolled into town...

:cheers:

41 - 59 of 59 Posts