Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The purpose of this thread is for the people without Facebook. The club as it stands is primarily run from Facebook. It is understood that some people may not have an account so this is for them.

This thread will be updated with group rides and get together's.

I do recommend creating a Facebook page just for the sole purpose of getting in on the group pictures, items for sale and general grab assin. Even if its a fake one. The sad reality is that Facebook is much better at the social aspect of this type of thing.

Anyway, if youre from the great state of Georgia or around it and want to wheel or go to a get together, post or follow in this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/georgiaFJcruisers/

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks, this helps me from becoming addicted to Facebook. I've avoided Facebook so far by having my wife feed me pertinent information from the GAFJC group. I have subscribed!

Btw, that's me in first pic...second in line in the quicksand.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I also am one who doesn't do Facebook so this will be nice. I have wondered about a Georgia club or group and rides so now I am subscribed. Thank you

·
Registered
329 Posts
We're happy that you guys have found the GAFJC, however you will always get the most current up-to-date info by going to the Facebook group. Group activities are always posted there first, and it will give you an opportunity to "meet" (if only virtually) the folks who are active in the group. There is always a lot of activity on the FB page with people asking questions and posting pics, and there may be delays before any of that gets cross-posted in this forum (which might cause you to miss out on something). It's also a lot easier to "opt in" for events, so that you get all the pertinent info in a timely fashion.

Just because you have a FB account, that doesn't mean you have to do everything that FB lets you do. You can restrict your FB activity to as little or as much as you want. If the only thing you ever want to do is monitor the GAFJC group, then that's OK. Not trying to twist your arm - just wanted you to be aware that there are drawbacks to relying on this forum exclusively for information. We're all volunteers here, and are only able to do what we have time to do.

So check it out on FB - it's a great bunch of folks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Glad you posted here - wouldn't have even thought to look had you not posted here. Be nice to talk to some 'locals' given how many FJs I see around Atlanta.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What part of town are you in? I live over near Emory and see a lot of FJs in my area.
I'm near Oakland Cemetery and work up in Buckhead. Only see a couple down near Grant Park but there are a ton up around Buckhead including a few really setup nice.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I like this thread already as I'm a retired FB owner. lol.

·
Registered
329 Posts
FYI, there is a "Wrench Day" event scheduled from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM this Saturday, May 2. The location is:

Dependable Services
3976 Bankhead Hwy
Douglasville, Georgia 30134 (map)

Several people are bringing tools and projects to work on. Specific details are (of course) available on the FB event page

·
Registered
120 Posts
Man, would be a great weekend for it too. Sadly I'll be at the in-laws this weekend /cry

·
Registered
19 Posts

GAFJC Much Needed Wheeling Day!

Saturday August 15
Meet at 9:30am, roll out by 10am

Parking lot across the street from Helen Water Park and Tubing
222 Edelweiss St, Helen, Georgia 30545

Trails being considered - Tray Mountain, Charlies Creek, Bell Mountain, Beasley Knob, Bend n' Hickory in Toccoa, GA

1 - 20 of 45 Posts