Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1114 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, some people use Mayo on the inside of the bread when making a grilled cheese and others don't. What other variations are there? I like using Dill pickle slices with a mild cheddar cheese and Mayo on Jewish Rye bread.

Do you dip it in Ketchup?

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In San Antonio, I make my grilled cheese using a tortilla and dip it in salsa.
Now we're cooking with Buffalo Chips!

Since you like the South West flavor, what kind of Queso do you use? Should the Salsa be thick or chunky, red or green?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
35,941 Posts
Bread, lots of mozzarella, grilled onions, maybe mushrooms, big old hunk of burger, mmm... grilled cheese sandwich.:rofl:

Oh I almost forgot to make this politically correct. I eat these in my FJ while driving my FJ and keeping a nice big iced tea in the FJ cup holder to quench my thirst so I'm ready to talk to people about my FJ when asked.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Salsa? You need to ask? I live in San Antonio. lol
Gotta remember, not everyone viewing has been to Great State of Texas, let alone the Beautiful City of San Antonio!

It's like trying to explain a Queso dip made with white cheese to someone who has only see the "Tostidos" version sold through out the rest of the world.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Yesterday I made French Toast out of Twikies. Holy Cow! I stumbled across a "WINNER"!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This afternoon I plan on making Mac and Cheese from scratch, but I'm going to add a blended homemade Chili Verde and broil the concoction topped with Parmesan cheese for a SW twist.

·
Banned
5,937 Posts
This afternoon I plan on making Mac and Cheese from scratch, but I'm going to add a blended homemade Chili Verde and broil the concoction topped with Parmesan cheese for a SW twist.
What kind of cheese do you use? I can't get anything to melt evenly other than Velveeta..
Do you bake it?

1 - 20 of 1114 Posts