Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1084 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,063 Posts
For those of you that like oysters, go to the channel Cowboy Kent Rollins on YouTube and his new video is on how to cook oysters three different ways. Love me some fried oysters and sadly it's been years since I've had them.

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
For those of you that like oysters, go to the channel Cowboy Kent Rollins on YouTube and his new video is on how to cook oysters three different ways. Love me some fried oysters and sadly it's been years since I've had them.
If you can see your way over here on or after Sept. 1st, I will pick up a few for my Md. fried oyster recipe, for us. Nothing like fresh out of the water, bub!:grin
DSCN1118.jpg

DSCN1122.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
DSCN1119.jpg

DSCN1120.jpg

A few more pics.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
Yum yum...
What part of N. Va. are you from? I grew up in and around the D.C. area. I lived in N. Va. a few times in various towns. Arlington, Falls Church, Alexandria on Duke St. Built a bunch of high rise over there, back kin the day!:grin

·
formerly 13FJTT
752 Posts
What part of N. Va. are you from? I grew up in and around the D.C. area. I lived in N. Va. a few times in various towns. Arlington, Falls Church, Alexandria on Duke St. Built a bunch of high rise over there, back kin the day!:grin
Haha... My office is actually right on Duke St. I lived in Centreville for more than 20 years and recently moved to Clifton.

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
Haha... My office is actually right on Duke St. I lived in Centreville for more than 20 years and recently moved to Clifton.
nice little town, Clifton. I put up an awning on a restaurant at the R&R tracks there, about 30 years ago.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,063 Posts
Pumpkin empanadas for dinner!

·
トヨタ Master
7,591 Posts
Ixtapa platter with shrimp at Corona Village last night for the middle step son's birthday last night. We had a Mariachi singer and guitar player at our table for a couple songs too. Good time!

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
7,591 Posts
So I found out that the Mrs. has after work activites all week, so I made up some "slop" last night. I usually either do a beef or chicken based pot. The boy and I can eat on this for about a week including lunches.

Barley
Brown Rice
White Rice
Chicken
Corn
Red pepper
Roasted green chiles(we roast and chop)
Mushrooms
Salt
Garlic salt
Onion salt

Made about 2.5 gallons this go around. This recipe changes and I make it about 2 or 3 times/year. Others in the house have dubbed it Chicken $hit, I just call it slop. :bandit:

Attachments

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,063 Posts
I used to make up a pot of stuff that was similar. I would have rice and sometimes pasta or both and then sausage and/or hamburger. Add in mushrooms, broccoli, etc. I would use either a cream soup or spaghetti sauce and spices to match and then a mix of mozzarella, Parmesan, and Romano cheeses. Worked great for work and home.

·
トヨタ Master
7,591 Posts
I used to make up a pot of stuff that was similar. I would have rice and sometimes pasta or both and then sausage and/or hamburger. Add in mushrooms, broccoli, etc. I would use either a cream soup or spaghetti sauce and spices to match and then a mix of mozzarella, Parmesan, and Romano cheeses. Worked great for work and home.
Yep, I've been eating leftovers all week. Quick and easy.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,063 Posts
I ordered and had pizza for the first time in several months a couple of days ago. Finished it off for breakfast.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,063 Posts
Had a couple of Reuben's today along with some yogurt. Iced tea and ICE Sparkling Water in Pink Grapefruit flavor to drink.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just a good ol’ BBQ guy here. Brother in law built me and my brother a rig on wheels from a spare heavy duty new tank of somesorts we had. Now we run it 10-20 times a year for parties, friendly weddings, and a few competitions here n there. Cut and dry our own wood(different oaks, some hickory and wild cherry) Oak and cherry has been a nice combo this year. It’s pretty mild smoke flavor. Hickory packs a punch fo sho. Here’s some brisket we finished 2nd in 2 weeks ago in a small town competition in southern Iowa.

Attachments

1041 - 1060 of 1084 Posts