Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1141 - 1160 of 1176 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
42,299 Posts
I only brought it up out of curiosity. I worked for a company years ago that processed meats. Hot dogs and bologna are virtually identical other than diameter and how each typically is consumed. I noticed people tend to wig out over eating a cold hot dog, even though it's fully cooked just like bologna.
Several years ago I worked with an older guy who had problems with his dentures and didn't wear them a lot of the time. One day I had him and a couple other guys over to my work area and made up brats and kraut. We were eating and the old guy looked up at me and asked why I was staring at him. I told him I was getting excited as hell watching him gum those sausages and was wondering if I'd have to pay him when done. Oh hell that set him off and the other guys started laughing like hell. I started calling him Grandpa Gummy after that. He was trying to bite the sausage but the skin was too tough for him to break with just his gums. The sausage was just rolling around in his mouth. After that he always used a knife and removed the skin first. I miss the old guy as we were good friends and had a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
7,179 Posts
Tonight I made some Kung Pao Chicken with ghost pepper flakes and whole Thai chiles. ☠☠☠
Damn, son. Those Thai chiles are rather warm.

Reactions: IDFJ

·
Premium Member
2014 Trail Teams
192 Posts
I love Grilled Cheese on home made bread! Extra thick with 6 slices of cheese!!
I keep my meals simple on the trail, eggs and sausage, and burgers on home made buns!

·
Premium Member
2014 Trail Teams
192 Posts
What type of cheese on your grilled cheese? I use pepper jack it gives it a little kick. Your camp site is making me hungry!

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
Jalapeno Cheddar! Is there anything else?

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams <>< <>< <*((^(((><
585 Posts
Some camping food, when I am not roughing it.

Seasoning for fish and chicken I like Mc Cormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning. For fish and chicken I season to taste and cook on my gas grill with a light coating of olive oil in the skillet. I look at the side of the fish / chicken and when the color changes half way I flip them. A few minutes before the end I add some butter and filp and coat. I you add the butter at the beginning it may burn.

For deep fried fish / chicken, I cut into nuggets / strips. I season / coat in flour / dip in egg and milk / then in a ziplock bag crush ritz crackers and cover. Deep fry until brown 350 / 375. Temperature is important. I usually also cook hushpuppies or waffle fries.

For the kids... Super S’more’s Try… graham crackers / marshmellow and a reese’s peanut butter cup.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
I have a hankering for Ethiopian food. But I won’t be going to Denver to get some.
It seems that Teff, an Ethiopian grain is also grown in Idaho. I may get a bag of it or Teff flour. Then make Injere, a fermented flat bread. The spice needed for Doro Wat is available too. That’s a really spicy chicken and boiled egg stew.

1141 - 1160 of 1176 Posts