Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you Summit veterans,

Here's a chance for all of you to help out the new Summiteers. The new year has brought an influx of 'standard' FJ Summit questions to my inbox, including date questions. Did I mention the dates? Lol.

New Summiteers - please post your '08 questions here. The Summit veterans and I will help you out.

Please though - first research the threads in this section as well as FJSummit 2007 National Meet, and do your best to keep the questions to a minimum unless you absolutely can't find the answers.

The site will be regularly updated, and there is a lot of info already out there.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Thanks i'm going to subscribe to this thread! Being a newbie to the Summit! I am sure that when registration starts up it will answer a lot of our questions, so after that i am sure we will have a few! Thanks!:)

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Ask away! First off, I know someone is going to ask where to stay.

Go here:

Ouray Colorado :: Lodging

or here:

FJSummit 2007 National Meet

Yes, camping is great. Ampitheater - super scenic, no showers. KOA - showers.

:) Now, get booked, lots of places are already sold out because of us! :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
NEW EDIT: Sorry nevermind, found the answer to my question on the Summit web page :)

Ok, I'll try to be the first actual question here... :)

Is there a good resource us Summit newbs can check out that lists the trails that will be run, difficulty of the trail, scenic rating, etc.? Possibly with pictures?

I thought I had seen something somewhere, but I cannot find it now. I could probably just look up the general area on some web site, but I wouldn't know for sure if any given trail is within Summit scope or not (and they probably don't have a FJ specific trail rating).

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting everyone!!!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Jason et. al.:
Did anyone get the message to the newbies that the first beer's on them? ;)

M

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
NEW EDIT: Sorry nevermind, found the answer to my question on the Summit web page :)

Is there a good resource us Summit newbs can check out that lists the trails that will be run, difficulty of the trail, scenic rating, etc.? Possibly with pictures?

I thought I had seen something somewhere, but I cannot find it now. I could probably just look up the general area on some web site, but I wouldn't know for sure if any given trail is within Summit scope or not (and they probably don't have a FJ specific trail rating).

Jeff
Have you looked here? FJSummit 2007 National Meet

·
Registered
4,149 Posts

Jeff

This is a link to the summit website that has trail information with links to get more! FJSummit 2007 National Meet It's a good place to start!

Can't wait for you to buy the first beer! :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Since I didn't go last time I'll ask the question my wife wondered.

What are the group sizes that hit the trails? With over 200 FJs signed up in the thread it seems like having that many vehicles on one trail at one time might be a bit much.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Since I didn't go last time I'll ask the question my wife wondered.

What are the group sizes that hit the trails? With over 200 FJs signed up in the thread it seems like having that many vehicles on one trail at one time might be a bit much.
It was 8 rigs per group. And the groups were spaced out throughout the day. It works! :)

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts

Jeff
Last year I put together a Google Earth KML File covering the trails, here's the thread:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/national-summit-discussion/18608-fj-summit-07-google-earth-style-2.html

Here's the same file in Google Maps
http://angie-shane.org/als/FJS_2007.kmz - Google Maps

You can also check Dirtopia, I've added all the Ouray county trails, and I'm working on the surrounding counties. Ouray County is here: Ouray County, Colorado - Dirtopia, the Off-Road Encyclopedia
All the trails from Dirtopia should be color coded properly for difficulty (green-blue-red-black)

I'll create a new custom GE/Google Maps KML probably around march, so look for that.

Hope this helps!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts