Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All,

I have absolutely no idea what to do here......I read the rules and I'll be fine with everything other than being "on-topic"; this because I have no idea how to post????

Anyway, if this reaches someone who will help I have an elementary question.

If my wife, Betsy, and our dog, AnnieLou, and I fail to get registered prior to the "final", "destined", "yet-to-be-posted" deadline should we just not plan to attend at all??????? OR, for those of us who for one reason or another fail to get registered and still show up will we be shunned or accepted. I gather we might well not be allowed to attend tours that are "closed" but would there still be things that a couple of nice people with a nice dog and nice FJ Cruiser to do part of the time??????

I'm going to try and post this.....everyone please be patient.....I'm 70 but I still learn quickly!!!!! LOL

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,082 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. If you are considering attending then I'd register now!

But, Jason, Seth or TD2 will have the "official" answer to your question.

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
agree, i am not empowered to give you an official answer, but i would say COME! surely there will be trail runs that will be short an FJ or not so full they cant slip in another... welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Mountain Man and Others:

Thanks for the encouragement......We just found the "Forum" and just bought our first FJ or "JSJ", Redneck for Japanese Super Jeep! I have owned many Jeeps over the years and we have owned many Toyota products and have had excellent service from all.......I decided to try the "FJ" after a couple of members of our hunt club in Virginia showed up with theirs and my wife started mumbling all sorts of "hints" about riding the woods with me again if I would break down and buy "something nice like that"!!!!!! ha

Anyway, two months ago our local dealer, who knew of our interest, called and said he had one in that had all the "stuff" Toyota put on them and following the "ride" the Jeep was gone and the "FJ" moved into the basement!!!! You know the drill I'm sure!!!!

I'll stop rambling and simply say this comfortable little machine is running ground out of the box that some of my former Jeeps were not comfortable with even after Ole' Man Emu got through modifying them....we are delighted with stock performance, comfort etc. So far I seldom even need the rear locker, the balance is outstanding.

Because of other committments we might not be able to make definite reservations prior to the "closing" of the regular registration period for this years "Summit". However, reviewing many of the postings and pics what you guys are doing looks like a fun place to spend a few days even if we are not able to fully participate.

I called a couple of places in the area today and I don't see too much problem with finding some acceptable accomodations even into late June....that said we would want to feel welcome after driving from Chattanooga, TN even if we were not formally registered.

Thanks for your encouragement, the folks I looked at in the pics certainly appeared to be the sort that would accomodate positive people if it were at all possible. That said, adequate planning can't be done without guidelines and deadlines and we will meet those next year for sure!!!!

Thanks again for the courtesy of your response......doerunner and family

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
:D Seems to be a few questions about later registration and just showing up. I'll try to give a general answer.

The reason the FJSummit.org team has registration is multifold:

1. We are restricted by the governing authorities of the public lands to number of vehicles per trail group. This is a safety issue, Many trails are 2 way, passing large groups can be difficult on the trails. We have a bigger FJSummit than last year and many more trail groups to plan for. The likelihood of having open slots is low.

2. The central meeting place ( Best Western) needs a good estimate of attendees for parking tent, seating etc. This year's event is considerably larger than last years.

3. We secure insurance for the event, this is required for public land use and has to be done in advance.

4. We include a couple of meal events, tee shirts , goodie bags etc. these require preplanning

5. FJSummit.org is a non profit venture run by volunteer members of this forum. Preplanning is the only way we can keep our sanity.

So we encourage any one that wants to attend to please register. If your planning to "show up" you likely won't have the amenities or trail privileges we are organizing. Having said that, we will do our best accommodate any special requests if you contact us in advance on an individual basis. Were all in this to have fun!

Hope this helps!

T2Cruiser and the FJSummit Team

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Hi,
I am a first timer here, I am registered for two people including the driver. So, can a third person come along on the trails, bringing their own meals and drinks?

Thanks
Abdul
We are not providing meals on the trails. Your can register your passenger so that they can participate in the evening meals and FJSummit events. Send me a PM. Also, we appreciate if all passengers are registered so we have an accurate account of attendees , vehicle occupants, etc for insurance and safety concerns.

T2

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Kiltlifters, as Car Bombs are also known, are welcomed as well…
Keep it up, K. I'll spike your warm milk that you always drink at bedtime. And your cookies, too.

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Irish Car Bombs are for woosies who can't shoot whiskey.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Excellent...a place to ask some basic questions.

1 - Generally how long (time) does it take to travel the trails? I'm signed up for : Alpine Loop, Imogene Pass, Ophir Pass.

2 - Is any food/lunch provided during the trail rides?

3 - I notice many FJ'ers with gas can mods. Is extra gas needed other than a full tank to start?

Sorry for such newbie questions!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

1 - Generally how long (time) does it take to travel the trails? I'm signed up for : Alpine Loop, Imogene Pass, Ophir Pass.

3 - I notice many FJ'ers with gas can mods. Is extra gas needed other than a full tank to start?

Thanks
1-depends on the trail, the shorter ones are 2-4 hrs, the longer ones are 6ish
2-nope, unless you bring it
3-no, i never carried any extra gas, was on the trail about 8 hrs each day, i dont remember exactly how much i used but i dont remember every getting below half tank

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts

Thanks
Alpine is long. Plan for a whole day. Bring lunch and snacks. Imogene is not nearly as long, maybe 4-5 hours if I remember correctly. I'm not sure about Ophir.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Alpine is long. Plan for a whole day. Bring lunch and snacks. Imogene is not nearly as long, maybe 4-5 hours if I remember correctly. I'm not sure about Ophir.
You can do Black Bear or Imogene to Telluride, have lunch with the rich and famous, and come back on Ophir in the afternoon. Very nice indeed!

61 - 80 of 88 Posts