Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Anyone....what is the situation on the trails for bathrooms? Not for me, but my wife and 9yr son...jus want to be prepared. Thanks
Depends on the trail.

Imogene has none
Yankee Boy Basin I think has two bathrooms

If I remember to bring my Wells book in tomorrow to work, I'll list the bathroom status for each trail.

Plan on doing some forest work though.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
There's a rest room and picnic area on the Alpine Loop past Engineers. And another at Animas Forks Ghost town.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Funny

Pick a tree, any tree..............I recommend a box of baby wipes and a plastic bag or 3

Funny, yes, however ALL waste should be carried out. PLEASE!

Lets be good to our Mother!

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Imogene Pass actually has one before one of the first creek crossings. It's roughly 8 miles in once you leave the highway.
After that it's Telluride where you get to pay for parking if you can find it then rush into a place where they tell you potties are for patrons only. :flame:

Hint: there's a gas station at the west end of town. Use that. :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
This is a (if not the) great 4X4 resource for central Colorado and has all the trails that will be guided and a TON that won't be but people will be on in July.

Funtreks Guidebooks Publisher of Quality Backroad Guidebooks for Adventurous SUV Owners and Serious 4 Wheelers

NEW! Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails Volume 1, Second Edition by Charles A.Wells

We will be giving some away at the raffle, and perhaps selling them at the event, but you can always pick on up ahead of time so you can see all the trails.

He also has other books that may be in your area as well.
Funtreks also has great service. They are a class act.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts