Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is your TT a manual or auto?

Even with the heavier and larger tires I have not noticed a power difference. BMC is no big deal but You may need spacers with the stock 16s to clear the upper control arm.
I have an auto, we would be trading wheels and tires. The wheels have a -6 backspace so they should clear. He's running them now with stock UCAs and says he's fine. Think I would be able to stuff them in there for on road use only without the BMC for a couple weeks?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have an auto, we would be trading wheels and tires. The wheels have a -6 backspace so they should clear. He's running them now with stock UCAs and says he's fine. Think I would be able to stuff them in there for on road use only without the BMC for a couple weeks?
Even though it is an auto I still think you will be fine on stock gears as long as you do not tow often.

I would go for the swap, I ran these without the BMC for a week, took it off road twice, only rubbed at full left lock. So avoid Turning to full lock. My wife drove it into the city and she was in and out of parking lots rubbing holes in the mud flaps. I had to do the BMC so she could drive it...

(On a side note; I do plan on a regear if and when I go up another size)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Even though it is an auto I still think you will be fine on stock gears as long as you do not tow often.

I would go for the swap, I ran these without the BMC for a week, took it off road twice, only rubbed at full left lock. So avoid Turning to full lock. My wife drove it into the city and she was in and out of parking lots rubbing holes in the mud flaps. I had to do the BMC so she could drive it...

(On a side note; I do plan on a regear if and when I go up another size)
Thanks for the advice, will just have to think it over to decide if I'm ready to make that jump, the FJ is not my daily driver anymore so I have that going for me.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Well I am finally joining you guys. After spending weeks and months looking for Magma, Red, Cavalry, decided I wanted Red, with all the bells and whistles.

Got it:

2012 Trail Team Radiant red.
1 Owner
All Records from Toyota
71K miles
Bone stock
Just traded in today at 2pm

Bought a one way ticket. Paid for truck. Will get it home on Tuesday! Super excited for first time FJ here

Wife likes contrasting roof, so she wants to wrap the roof gloss black

181 - 187 of 187 Posts