Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We seem to have questions about where to pick up the silver rear bumper wings when they get damaged. Here is a short list of locations

NEW WINGS

Toyota of Dallas - ToyotaPartSales.com
MSRP- $125.36 Your Price - $90.44

TRD Source - Supporting Vendor
link for the original thread http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/trdsource-com/24817-front-rear-bumper-end-caps.html

USED WINGS
Frogeye - free if your in San Diego - condition fair
w5wi (Dale) - free with shipping location-Missouri
Intense Fabrication (jeff) - used set - Valencia California

Used and Damaged wings for blacking out
FamilyJ - Drivers side rear wing, + damaged rear pass-wing
Toytaco - Passenger sid rear wing - Hawaii

Please post up if you have used rear bumper wings for sale. Also moderators can you make this a sticky?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I got mine free from FJ4RWS. He even paid for shipping. Forum Members rock!

I'll pass along my driver's side rear wing to anyone in need: it's basically undamaged exept for a couple rub marks from a parking-lot encounter with a minivan. Perfect if you want to black-it out.

The passenger side winglet is bashed in from another parking lot encounter with a pole.

Local TOY dealer referred me to a body shop that wanted $118 just to removed and paint the drivers side winglet, and $180 to replace the passenger side one.

I have ordered and received a set of metal tubing rear bumber guards that should eliminate further bumps and scrapes. As soon as I get it on I'll post & share...

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I only got the right side. I lost the left side about a year ago. I can give it away once my Demello comes in. It should be here any day now. Heck I don't even know how to take off the bumper yet! So if anyone needs it it might take a while before I will give it to you guys.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Alright, great work Mark. Can you change the Socal to San Diego for me on my wings. TY. Mine are a little bungered (minor paint rash) and one has a little tiny dimple from a rock or something. I'd say they are in fair shape.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I thought they were called corner pads. Where did the "wing" thing come from (they don't seem to provide much lift for my FJ)?

BTW, thanks for the heads up on the parts!!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Mark,

Thanks for posting! :rocker: :clap: :clap: :clap:

No takers on my "free" ones...

Maybe I should price them to make them more desirable... :lol:

cheers, :cheers:

dale

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are we talking about the cheap plasic bumper corners? Why aren't these out in steel yet? I would love a stock front and rear bumper in steel instead of adding brushbars.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I've already replaced both rear bumper wings due to a parking mishaps. One was destroyed and gave away the other which was only "scored." No problems w/the front ones. I guess because you can see better forward than back.

In any event, if Toyota continues to make the FJ, a change they should adopt is to make all of the bumper wings "snap on/snap off" for easy removal and replacment, rather than require bumper removal in order to get the job done.

Just my 2 cents on this topic. ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
My wife now knows what the "beeping" is when you get close to something while in reverse! I spray-lined mine to make them more durable, unfortunately, the spray-liner doesn't make them pole proof. "What is that irritating beeping! Oh Snap,where did that pole come from" language editied for family friendly ratings.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I installed a set of these bumper guards to replace my new wings (would've saved me from replacing them in the first place if I had them before).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 89 Posts