Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took me a while to prep these, but here they are! From the Thursday 9:20 Photo run. If you were part of this run and want some larger pics, feel free to drop me a PM. :bigthumb:

Looking back while heading up the first trail run of our Summit experience.

One of the several falls on the trail.

Convoy heading up

Up, up, up!

Spectacularly green with a fall.

I believe he is claiming Black Bear Pass in the name of Texas. :lol:

Clifford and I at the Pass.

A sweet looking cab-over tour vehicle.

First look down.

Initial steep descent.

Around the bend.

More, around the bend.

Back down to treeline.

Two brave souls who trusted that the trip down Black Bear wouldn't end badly; My brother, TJ, and friend, Micaiah.

Closeup of the falls just after the first tricky part of the descent.

View of Telluride from the falls.

Along the ledge.

Looking below!

View from a hairpin, just past a tight squeeze between a rock and a slippery slope.

Tesla's power plant above Bridal Veil Falls signals the end of the treacherous descent. The rest of the way down is a two-way dirt road.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
337 Posts
um.... whats this in the red circle? some kinda camera mount I guess but what is it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
um.... whats this in the red circle? some kinda camera mount I guess but what is it?
Better stick to runs above treeline with that monstrosity on top! :lol:

Reactions: F Joy

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for sharing. Glad you had a good trip.
It was quite an experience!

Great shots, you're brother captured the awesome scenery quite well!
The scenery makes it easy to capture awesomeness. (^;

That's Tonka Cruiser's GoPro mount-strosity.

any chance of getting high res copies of these
Replied to your PM.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
have not edited the black bear videos yet, but this is a video of the royal gorge bridge using that mount. There was someone else at the summit with a rooftop mount that I think is a much better design. I need to get some pictures of that and build one.
That's a really cool perspective. Can't wait to see the Black Bear vid!

·
Registered
337 Posts
There was someone else at the summit with a rooftop mount that I think is a much better design. I need to get some pictures of that and build one.
I noticed that one too ... it looked like it was all pvc/plumbing supplies ... I wonder if the rigidity creates nasty camera shake????

what is yours made from?

I was trying to think of a similar long arm mount but I was thinking there would be quite a bit of camera shake/wobble which would get worse the longer the arm????

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I noticed that one too ... it looked like it was all pvc/plumbing supplies ... I wonder if the rigidity creates nasty camera shake????

what is yours made from?

I was trying to think of a similar long arm mount but I was thinking there would be quite a bit of camera shake/wobble which would get worse the longer the arm????
Mine had terrible shake. Heavy software processing makes it watchable. His looked pretty ridged. He said he would send me some pictures.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts