Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering since Mo is making me lead some trails during the summit ;) if I could get who ever is in charge of the trail maps to PM, Email or what ever me the official trail maps. I am specifically looking for Alpine loop I want to make sure I take the right trails at the end since there are a couple ways out. Who knows maybe I will take my group down Poughkeepsie :D

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
I was wondering since Mo is making me lead some trails during the summit ;) if I could get who ever is in charge of the trail maps to PM, Email or what ever me the official trail maps. I am specifically looking for Alpine loop I want to make sure I take the right trails at the end since there are a couple ways out. Who knows maybe I will take my group down Poughkeepsie :D

Thanks.
We should set up a group to do Poughkeepsie
That is a must do this year
Don

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We should set up a group to do Poughkeepsie
That is a must do this year
Don
I'm planning on doing it just not sure when. :D

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got that thread Shane and thank you you did a fine job getting that all together.

But I am wanting that paper map that you talk about. Is there any way I can get that in emailed to me in image form?

On Alpine loop there is a couple different trails you can take to get back to the highway and I want to know in advance what one I need to plan for and prerunn.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts

Thanks.
The people attending the summit will have mixed experience levels. Poughkeepsie can and did produce serious body damage last year for a couple of people who tried it. There is one particular spot where if you don't angle things right you will be doing real damage. I know I am not comfortable with risking my vehicle, and I suspect others will feel the same way. The official route once you cross Engineer becomes nothing more than a scenic forest service road. One way to "spice" it up (and shorten the trip) would be to go the normal route until Animas Forks and then return to Ouray via Placer, California, and then Corkscrew Gulches. Corkscrew is a 5 while Engineer is a 4, but still close enough. Poughkeepsie is an 8.

If you don't get a copy of the current official maps by tomorrow PM me and I will scan in the 2007 maps for you.

-Edmond

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
ill have to find the flip map we got last year from the local store. It had info on landmarks etc as well as map showing the corkscrew turn out half the group took on the way out 30+ the whole way out!

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The people attending the summit will have mixed experience levels. Poughkeepsie can and did produce serious body damage last year for a couple of people who tried it. There is one particular spot where if you don't angle things right you will be doing real damage. I know I am not comfortable with risking my vehicle, and I suspect others will feel the same way. The official route once you cross Engineer becomes nothing more than a scenic forest service road. One way to "spice" it up (and shorten the trip) would be to go the normal route until Animas Forks and then return to Ouray via Placer, California, and then Corkscrew Gulches. Corkscrew is a 5 while Engineer is a 4, but still close enough. Poughkeepsie is an 8.

If you don't get a copy of the current official maps by tomorrow PM me and I will scan in the 2007 maps for you.

-Edmond
Thank you and I am aware of Poughkeepsie potential I did most of it last year, 3 of us went up we got me up the hard part, the spot people were getting damaged, then had to turn back to get back to the party for the raffle, we didn't want to miss it so instead of taking the time to get the other two rigs up with out damage I came back down the lose rocky section, that was fun, then we raced back to the best western. But I was mostly joking about taking a group down it, if everyone wanted to I would lead them, but only if everyone wanted to go and was aware of the potential damage.

Thank you for offering the scan I will let you know if I need it. :bigthumb: :)

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill have to find the flip map we got last year from the local store. It had info on landmarks etc as well as map showing the corkscrew turn out half the group took on the way out 30+ the whole way out!
30mph what was wrong with it? :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts