Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
No new "must have" information here to the FJC forum members. The web designer did build a unique web page with an "open book" page theme. I did learn the 2WD "PreRunner" version will offer a rear locking differential as an option. "Build your own" still does not list official FJC pricing. It's the specification all members are waiting for!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
the edmunds video suggested that the base price would be just below 25k. so it seems a slight bit higher than what i had hoped base would be - around 20-22. of course, as always that price is unofficial - dammit! i just wanna know how much i have to kiss my wife's ass already!!!!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
My e-mail page didn't work either. Must be them, not us!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Flash, and maybe it's only the content, but the new site is pretty cool.

So now all we need is the pricing, right?

·
Registered
232 Posts
According to the site's build your own FJ, the upgrade packages includes 17" alloy with All Terrain Tires :) Thank you Toyota for not putting cheapie street tires!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
fjsmurf said:
According to the site's build your own FJ, the upgrade packages includes 17" alloy with All Terrain Tires :) Thank you Toyota for not putting cheapie street tires!!!
Yeah, and among the MANY typos and discrepencies it lists the tire size as 265/60 17 on the spec sheet. Didn't anyone proof read this site before it went live? I found over a dozen mistakes just in my fist browse; and I wasn't looking for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they change a few things along the way. I have to get the Convenience package to get a rear wiper??! I've noticed a few items I was told at Ojai would definitely be standard equipment, are not :( I hope they've done this to keep the entry price very low. I now have to get this package just to get what I want... and buy a few accessories. Unfortunately, I see the dollar signs stacking up...

Jason

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I just built mine and Yeah... I feel the same way. Depends on how much they are going to nail us for to get the options and stuff we want. I didn't need EVERYTHING, but most and now I am worried I will be well above $30K. Then I will get denied,... not by the bank but by the woman!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was so happy that I can just get a base model and skip those "convienence packages" and just order the diff lock, rock rails, tow hitch, lights, skids,and most importantly, (for me) the side airbags, individually. I usually hate building cars from Toyota's site because everything I would want is tied into packages, but the FJ seems to be an exception.

·
Registered
552 Posts
This gives me a hope that Toyota gets it and will be willing to make a little less profit to facilitate the "young poor male 30 something" that they keep talking about it vague terms. Hey all you above 30 or with disposable income of twice our incomes please remain the shadows show up at the dealer wearing old jeans..... you know the drill. :)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Right, and don't shave that day. Might we recommend rock and roll T-shirts of some kind and a ball cap.

·
Registered
46 Posts
n6opv said:
Yeah, and among the MANY typos and discrepencies it lists the tire size as 265/60 17 on the spec sheet. Didn't anyone proof read this site before it went live? I found over a dozen mistakes just in my fist browse; and I wasn't looking for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they change a few things along the way. I have to get the Convenience package to get a rear wiper??! I've noticed a few items I was told at Ojai would definitely be standard equipment, are not :( I hope they've done this to keep the entry price very low. I now have to get this package just to get what I want... and buy a few accessories. Unfortunately, I see the dollar signs stacking up...

Jason
I'm with you Jason, I can see some changes in our future given that they show the total legnth as "111.6". Toyota reliability good, proof reading bad. :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
When you sign up for updates, aren't they supposed to email you updates? thank god for this site.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts