Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading out from Connecticut, it is approx. 2200 miles each way for me, plus wheelin and driving to and from the trail head etc.
I am figuring 4500 miles round trip, I get 300 miles per tank that's 15 fill ups,

by July gas will be approx. $5.00gal. 15 gal tank times $5.00 =$75per fill up
times 15 =$1,125 round trip for gas,

WOW,

:mecry: <<<Having 2nd thoughts,,,,

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
My justification was simply that most vactions to any destination will cost a LOT more than this one will. I'm driving quite a distance also and including hotel, food, etc it will be a lot of money. But, you cannot take any trip for less than $5k these days not even talking about gas. Try Orlando with the kids, or Hawaii. Those are twice as much. At least this is how I justify it...

:wave:

I am heading out from Connecticut, it is approx. 2200 miles each way for me, plus wheelin and driving to and from the trail head etc.
I am figuring 4500 miles round trip, I get 300 miles per tank that's 15 fill ups,

WOW,

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

WOW,

You won't get 300 miles to the tank with all your vacation gear in the back will you? :(

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Just grin and bear it ! . . . or get a second job, do odd jobs, or pimp yourself out. You must be there !

·
Registered
141 Posts
I figure if we can average 15mpg we should be around $750 in gas if it goes up to $5/gallon. Still cheaper than 5 plane tickets for us. :)

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
And it is a lot more fun for the family to see the country that we all love... The driving is half the fun of any adventure...:bigthumb:

I figure if we can average 15mpg we should be around $750 in gas if it goes up to $5/gallon. Still cheaper than 5 plane tickets for us. :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
300 miles to the gallon? Damn, I wish I could get that. I get under 200 :p

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Just know how stupid I am, I'm driving from NC to Rubithon, then Moab, the FJSummit back to NC. I can't/won't even begin to start thinking about the cost of gas, way to depressing. Planned mileage is over 6k miles.

But, it will be a vacation my family and I won't soon forget...

·
Registered
499 Posts
I get 300 miles per tank ,
Wow yours must be the hybrid model:lol: I don't think I have ever seen over 250 on a tank but I usually fill up right when the light comes on or within 20 miles.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
This is why I will be camping and buying food at the grocery store vs. spending extra gas money on expensive dinners and lunches. It's gonna be a hit but it's a hell of a great trip.
eh - most of your meals are covered anyway :)

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Me also...mine starts in Nevada, then to Moab, then Denver, Ouray, Arkansas, Texas, Grand Canyon, then home. I'm estimating around 6k also. Love the FJ and the fam and dogs will love the trip and drive!:clap:

Just know how stupid I am, I'm driving from NC to Rubithon, then Moab, the FJSummit back to NC. I can't/won't even begin to start thinking about the cost of gas, way to depressing. Planned mileage is over 6k miles.

But, it will be a vacation my family and I won't soon forget...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts