Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got my truck back yesterday from the dealership after having some work done, and decided to install my new Raingler cargo barrier net.
It was an easy install, and I'm very pleased with the quality thus far.
Can't wait to load the load up for Ouray and put it to use.
It will be nice not having to worry about my gear coming over the back seats when I hit the brakes.

They recommend installing the "Toyota Striker Assembly" (Part #58460-35012) INSIDE of your coat hanger hooks for added support for the net. This is a good idea regardless if you are using a net or not as you don't lose use of your coat hooks. They are the same as the tie-down points on the floor in the cargo area. They run about $10/ each from Toyota.

First, the coat hanger hooks were removed with a 10mm socket.

Then, I CAREFULLY cut the plastic down so that the strikers could fit inside, leaving a small portion of the plastic so that the cover will still close.

The hook was then re-installed and tightened down on both sides.

Here is s picture of the net installed. It pulls very tight but still has some slack in the center so that it has a little play when loading the cargo area.

All in all, I highly recommend it. It's very well made, and very sturdy in the back. I'll give a better review after putting it to use on the way to Ouray and back.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
VERY nice Matt! Where did you get the net from, and cost (if you don't mind me asking)? I really like the look, functionality and stow-ability if the cargo net.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
be careful as you wade into forum vendor territory.

on another note - these guys may be at the summit as a vendor...that's still being decided

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
:bigthumb:

I REALY LIKE IT, I often worry about the tons
of stuff I have back there suddenly shooting
forward !... :eek:...

·
Registered
634 Posts
This is perfect as I occasionally transport a trunk full of small boxes. I've always had to keep the level of boxes below the rear seat height which limited my load capacity, especially with my daughter in the baby seat. I was considering picking up a metal pet barrier, but did not want to make that sort of investment.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
can someone help me find the person that said they'd donate a PA system for the week? we could use it...

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
oops wrong thread. i was looking at the music one...and posted to this.........too many tabs open...too few brain cells left...

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Where do the center straps attach? It looks like they go around the seats.

Is is possible to use the net with the rear seat folded down? That would be handy, to keep your vehicle load from shifting (and keeping the front area from shifting to the rear, and vice versa).

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where do the center straps attach? It looks like they go around the seats.

Is is possible to use the net with the rear seat folded down? That would be handy, to keep your vehicle load from shifting (and keeping the front area from shifting to the rear, and vice versa).
The center straps attach to the metal latches for the seat, so yes, you can use the net with the rear seats folded down. I think that's how I might use it for Ouray. Keep tools/ recovery gear/ cooler in the rear, and personal stuff on the other side of the net.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
The only feature that would seal the deal for me would be adjustable straps...

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Y'know, the top half of the net looks like it could reach the d-rings on the floor. If so, then it could be used for strapping down cargo, as well (un-hooking the top two links, leaving the middle links, and attaching the top hooks to the d-rings on the floor).

I'm definitely getting one of these...

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Add a couple of carabiners and you could take it out in a snap.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I like this a lot - nice find Matt - I want to take a closer look at it when in Ouray next week - :cheers:

-

-

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine is on the way.

I love this net, been looking for something like that forever.

Good find Matt!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts