Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Did he gave any price quotes for the group buy? If not probably I can reach out to him for more details and probably organize a group buy.
When I bought mines on eBay I asked him in passing so I don't have any details. He can be contacted by Facebook or through eBay. He is not on here nor is he a vendor here so group buy isn't possible here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys I just received my Offroad Garage snorkel. Mines has the brand name but it does not have an antenna hole. What /how did you guys go about this? I have a supernatural tendency to f**kup things and this seems to be a good opportunity to mess it up. Any recommendations, tips photos appreciated. Also has anyone seen an FJ antenna relocated? This might be a good time for this also. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,935 Posts
Hey guys I just received my Offroad Garage snorkel. Mines has the brand name but it does not have an antenna hole. What /how did you guys go about this? I have a supernatural tendency to f**kup things and this seems to be a good opportunity to mess it up. Any recommendations, tips photos appreciated. Also has anyone seen an FJ antenna relocated? This might be a good time for this also. Thanks.

That doesn’t sound right I thought they all had antenna holes in them. Did you contact them and inquire why there’s no antenna hole?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just found out about these...looks awesome! Any feedback from ppl that already installed them on how they are holding up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered mine specifically with no antenna hole and no lettering. It did come with an embedded antenna wire and pigtail in the upper snorkel tube to attach to a modified OEM antenna base.
Mine did not come with a hole or with the embedded antenna either, I contacted them and they will replace the top part with this antenna embedded version. Out of curiousity how's your reception with this antenna? Did you loose any radio stations?

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered mine specifically with no antenna hole and no lettering. It did come with an embedded antenna wire and pigtail in the upper snorkel tube to attach to a modified OEM antenna base.
Mine did not come with a hole or with the embedded antenna either, I contacted them and they will replace the top part with this antenna embedded version. Out of curiousity how's your reception with this antenna? Did you loose any radio stations?

Thanks

Dammit... Just realized mine did not come with an antenna hole either. So they mailed you out another top part? Did you ship back the old one?

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Nope, I ordered mine specifically with no antenna hole and no logos. There was a bit of back and forth email and I think I paid extra for the deletes but it is what I wanted and they delivered.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Nope, I ordered mine specifically with no antenna hole and no logos. There was a bit of back and forth email and I think I paid extra for the deletes but it is what I wanted and they delivered.

When i ordered mines through eBay I left a note for the seller that I didn’t want an antenna hole or the logos. Same price as the normal one. I also messaged him on Facebook to make sure. He didn’t charge me any extra. I have had mines for about 18 months. No problems and no fading.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Hi Guys

I just ordered the snorkel last week. I have been asking some questions over e-mail before the order, but also just after ordering, too. :)
Regarding the antenna hole issue my questions were:
The snorkel will have the antenna hole, so I can install the original antenna. But does it need some modification (cutting) from the antenna or not?
Also in case I don't want to install the original antenna, then is there a possibility to plug the antenna hole on the snorkel? Do you manufacture a plug for that hole? Or I have to find something to plug it? Is that hole communicating with the air intake space inside the snorkel, towards the engine?
Their answer was short but informative:
Our last design has hidden antenna inside snorkel. No holes needed.

Then I asked if they can provide a tracking number for the shipment. Their answer was: We will provide tracking as soon as ship it.

I just want to ask you guys how this tracking procedure goes down? Could you follow the shipment all the way from Kazakhstan to the USA? Sometimes I get a tracking number at a purchase from the UK or Germany for example, but then shipping companies are handing over the parcel among them (ex. DHL to GLS or other local shipping companies, even among postal services) and then the tracking number is changed. Sometimes it is possible to get hold of the new tracking number, but sometimes I just receive the call or message from the shipping company that they are delivering the parcel that day. My major worry is the fact that during these handovers there used to be some information missing from the adress either street / town / county name or my phone number. One time I had to call in to the local shipping company to ask if they have my parcel, the other time it happened with the postal office. So I have some worries. I hope I shall receive the parcel without any issues.

Cheers

41 - 58 of 58 Posts