Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a year of planning we finally got a chance to get maui'd and do some offroading in Hawaii.Thanks Bill aka "Largos" FJC Big Island for showing me & Jennifer around.Much appreciated.Hope you like the pics.

Big Island

Mtn: Mauna Kea elevation 13,796.We had to stop at 10,000 to get adjusted to the elevation and a freezing 35 deg.

Green sand beach.You could walk for 3 miles or offroad to get to it.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Looks like you went to a lot of the same places we did last year on Da Big Island. It also looks like you had as great of a time as we did! Beautiful pics.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gracias Dustpark.Looking forward for more socalFJC wheelin in the next months.

Looks like you went to a lot of the same places we did last year on Da Big Island. It also looks like you had as great of a time as we did! Beautiful pics.
Big Island has more to offer than Maui.We did more in 4 days than 7 days in Maui.The scenery is amazing.Hopefully we will be going back in a few months for some Hog Hunting.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Oh man, I wanna go back. I am kicking myself for not jumping on the ferry and meeting up with you guys. Dinero or plata as they say in Peru is short now :( Anywayz, great pics, looks like you had a great time. Congrats again!

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
My stepson lived in Kailua, on the side of the mountain at about the 1500 foot mark. He had hogs just show up at his place. While we were there he shot one and we had a great feast!

Now he lives in Hilo. I think he downgraded, but he owns the place now. I'm proud of him!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My stepson lived in Kailua, on the side of the mountain at about the 1500 foot mark. He had hogs just show up at his place. While we were there he shot one and we had a great feast!

Now he lives in Hilo. I think he downgraded, but he owns the place now. I'm proud of him!
Very nice Hog meat is one of my favorites.ummm ummm goood.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Nice shots Oscar. Was the FJ a rental? What a beautiful place. I can't wait to get back there again.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice shots Oscar. Was the FJ a rental? What a beautiful place. I can't wait to get back there again.
That was forum member Largos FJC.He is a cool guy.We left the wrangler parked and we carpool with him.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Oscar, I thought there are few areas open to 4wheeling. Is that the case? I seem to recall people from Hawaii complaining about lack of venues.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Oscar, I thought there are few areas open to 4wheeling. Is that the case? I seem to recall people from Hawaii complaining about lack of venues.
That will be us boys from Oahu, who has a limited playground that same applies to Maui too I think However Big Island and Kauai has plenty. Oscar I am glad you had a great time. Congratulations to you and your wife.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Big Island def offers more places to play.On most of the muddy roads I found near the water falls had no signs of private property.I think that should be ur next vacation destanation Tony...

That will be us boys from Oahu, who has a limited playground that same applies to Maui too I think However Big Island and Kauai has plenty. Oscar I am glad you had a great time. Congratulations to you and your wife.:cheers:
Hawaii & Maui are awesome.Great local peeps positive energy all around.I miss it already.:bigthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts