Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded the crap spacer lift on my used 07 fj. 5100’s front and rear, Toytec 521600 Eibach front coils with 1/4” lean spacer..and wheelers t12 Eibach 1.5” rear coils with a lean spacer as well.

I’ve read that with lifting the rear, the axle can shift, usually to the passenger side. Mine however is towards the driver side. It sticks out about an inch. Is that normal?
From research, I’ve found that an adjustable track bar is needed to lengthen to push the axle back to center. But in my case I’d need to shorten?

Some opinions would help greatly, the offset is messing with my ocd.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
I don't understand how lifting it could shift it towards the driver side. Like you said, due to the geometry and track bar angle it should be pulled to the passenger side. You didn't lift it that much either so IDK.

An adjustable track bar should help however. But you have to hope whichever one you go with allows for it to be adjusted shorter than factory. If you have some skills you can always mod one to work. See the link below. I actually did the opposite of you, I made my axle centered while articulated, and off center while level.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
"I’ve read that with lifting the rear, the axle can shift, usually to the passenger side. Mine however is towards the driver side. It sticks out about an inch. Is that normal?"

Exactly how and where are you measuring this 1" offset?

Measure from the inside of the wheel rim to a point on the frame rail, not the bodywork.

Are you sure there isn't a spacer stuck on the mounting surface of a hub, or on one of your wheels?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well damn, you’re right lol. I took more measurements from multiple parts of the frame and they’re damn near even?.
I had previously measured from the tubs(body) which now i realize are probably not identical as opposed to the frame.
thanks guys✌?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts