Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Sounds like my Illustrator Avatar - about 4 hours... Paint, huh? Now that's devotion.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, yea paint...it was rough..I drew it pixel by pixel and I did my profile pic and my avatar the same way. Took FOREVER!! But it looks cool as crap...no onto that four wheeling adventure.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
First, you must promise to email us every chance you get, send post cards, take pictures (cough... nail the hotties... cough) and tell us all about your adventures when you return. Capisci?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PROMISE!!! Stop gettin me all excited about...they wont let me in.. =(

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
How do you know? Send them video of you off-roading some of those trails you were telling me about. Send references - people you have helped or saved from disaster while out wheeling. Don't sell yourself short. Be confident.

I knew nothing about software 13 years ago when I started my first gig as a designer. Now, I have a decade of experience on two operating platforms, countless versions and upgrades of over 10 different complete packges and two professional level jobs. A title longer than my inseam. You won't get anywhere if you believe that you CANNOT.

All journeys in life begin within yourself.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand that, and although I'm very skilled in wheelin, I don't have any footage, or proof that I can kick some ass on the trails. And I also don't have any certifications for anything, but I will try like hell to convince Burke that I can do it.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'm certified in 3 vehicles that not everyone gets to drive and I still don't have any REAL wheelin' experience. Each of them were completely designed for off-road use. Not once did I get to put them through their paces.

Certification does not translate directly into ability. It seems more likely that he is looking for an IDEAL candidate. Someone without the family life who is ready and willing to spend 8 months on the road. Friendly and respectful is your new mantra, my friend! Might I recommend a lot of SIR and MR. Burke...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, good idea Mr. Percy, thanks for the advice. =) What vehicles are you certified in? Do you mean like forklifts and what not? I have certs for scissor lifts, and forklifts.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Certs for 4x4 are you kidding me, it's about time, skill, practice and who knows just being smart about how you drive. Unless you won some kinda trophy or something who cares remember it's about what you do have to offer and that is an unending commitment to the promotion of the FJ and safe driving. Keep in mind that most of the guys who would want to do this are restrained by a dog, job, or family in that order. You on the other hand will show up to work on Monday fire your boss and be on the road the same day. Think about it who has the time to do this, exactly retired guys, and who in their 20's is going to take a bunch of safety guff from guys their dad's age no offense to older people. You on the other hand can speak their language and translate to the X and Y gens.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Oh yeah I would suggest getting all of Bill's video's and watching them umm and taking the time to read what you can about him. I'm new to all this but I think he has 20-30 years or more doing this so he must be close to the most experienced guru out there, use much respect grasshopper :D Wax on, wax off.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Precisely Mappelman...and I've been looking for a way out of my dumb job at Wegmans anyway. Still a great grocery store Percy...just a retarded warehouse...noone has a clue about anything, which is an entirely different story. Wow...I'm kind of in denial about the whole thing really...like no friggin way would this randomly happen..it's just too cool. I WANNA FOUR WHEEL FOR EIGHT MONTHS!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Certified Trainer/operator for M813, M923-8 series 5-ton 6x6 military vehicles and the HMMWV.

Does that make me qualified to drive off-road vehicles for Toyota? Probably not.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I guess not Percy...nice orange shirt though buddy....big dork, lmao! You are famous now!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
My 15 minutes of fame. Aaaaahhhh.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hahaha. I flew right by my 100 post mark without even realizing it...took me what, like a week or two to become a senior? Whew.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Tone said:

Did it in paint. It only took me 3 hours. =)
3 hours?, as Percy said "You have way to much time on your hands."

But what the hell its almost as fun as hard drugs and soft women,

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hehe, do you like it Roost? I think it's cool, but I admit you are far superior with your photoshopped FJ's...I wish I had photoshop.....

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Tone, for the letter you send Mr. Burke, create some nice letterhead using your impressive avatar. The job will be yours.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts