Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i feel like i have done enough to warrant a build thread
don't have a name other then the green brick (not original i know)
mods in order
pro comp 7098
goodyear duratrac 285/70/17
morimoto mini d2s projector retrofit apollo shrouds /turn signal smoking
diff hack and scuba mod
4inch kragen hid mounted behind the grill
afe intake
walker evans 2.5 non res coilovers
walker evans 2.5 rear all pro springs
all pro uca
all pro spindle gussets
removed front and rear sway bar
limit straps front a rear

stock

current

after much research decided on the duratracs so at 300 miles on the odometer i hacked up my body mount amazing how much better just tires made it look. zero rubbing

i didnt like the the oem headlights so that was next on my list, retrofit smoking and blackout emblem

kragens mounted behind the grill very clean, wanted led's but for the price these cant be beat

went crazy and shelled out some coin, i always disliked the oem suspension.
much happier now, and gusseted the spindle for added piece of mind when bombing certain sections.

how she sat with the 1.5 spacers, sadly had to pull them to much rubbing and the alignment shops around here arnt the greatest had a hard time getting it to not rub with a lift and bmc

more pictures to come!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Aloha! man you make me miss Oahu... great start on the build

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Verrrrry nice rig!!!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
where in Hawaii do you live?

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Nice build! If you don't need a winch anytime soon, I would do sliders and continue thrashing the front bumper. :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Awesome! Did the video come out or is it a giant brown smudge ?
:lol:

Looks great!

·
15,096 Posts
Don't I know it, the system sucks!!! I bought a $13 item and they charged me $17.95 S&H. It weighed an ounce and then they ended up shipping it in an envelope with a $1.25 stamp on it.

My favorite is, FREE S&H to the Lower 48 only. Um, the U.S.P.S. delivers to ALL 50 States for the same price. :rolleyes: And FLAT Rate boxes cost the same.

RANT Off

Aloha

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Don't I know it, the system sucks!!! I bought a $13 item and they charged me $17.95 S&H. It weighed an ounce and then they ended up shipping it in an envelope with a $1.25 stamp on it.

My favorite is, FREE S&H to the Lower 48 only. Um, the U.S.P.S. delivers to ALL 50 States for the same price. :rolleyes: And FLAT Rate boxes cost the same.

RANT Off

Aloha
Now that is something I did not know. Thats crazy! You guys should call these companies out on that one. Could you hook up with someone in the Military. Dont they get special allowances for shipping? Just wondering.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
I would do sliders and continue thrashing the front bumper. :lol:
I totally agree with this.
Front bumper is easily and often a replaced part.... door and body damage not so much.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great video! Sometimes I wish I had an AT just so I can do donuts without having the front traction kick in. Thanks for the entertainment!
Bonehead

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Very nicely done video! :rocker:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts