Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The oil light on the FJ started glowing dimly AFTER the car has been turned off. If I turn the car on it does not light at all. Checked the oil level and it is fine.

Very strange. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
Time to call the dealer, and talk to the Service Manager (not service writer) about it.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
13,654 Posts
Go in person, people on the phone are to easily distracted.

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
Hmmm...

Is that the boss of all the mechanics who work at a service center? Will a call do or do I have to go in person?
That correct, he's essential the lead tech and has lots of experience. The reason I suggested to call is....... when it comes to oil I don't want to take any chances. I realize it only lights when the ignition is turned off, but I was suggesting you call him and see if he thinks it's fine to drive your FJ in or have it towed. That's all. I'm sorry I wasn't clear before.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That correct, he's essential the lead tech and has lots of experience. The reason I suggested to call is....... when it comes to oil I don't want to take any chances. I realize it only lights when the ignition is turned off, but I was suggesting you call him and see if he thinks it's fine to drive your FJ in or have it towed. That's all. I'm sorry I wasn't clear before.

DEWFPO
Whups! When I started the car this morning the weird oil light problem went away, so I drove the vehicle about town as if everything was normal. Didn't seem to have any problems, and I didn't even think to ask the dealer. I'll run over there again tomorrow to see if anything is up.

The trouble is that my spanish may not be up to snuff to try and explain this weird problem to the techs in Santiago, Panama. God knows I have had enough miscommunications with the mechanics here so far - even a simple carwash turned out to be something else!

I should have been more prudent, the user manual says that if the light comes on briefly but goes away after tapping the gas one shouldn't worry about it, so I didn't!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts