Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trd models are not going to be reproduced 07 was the only year there making them and 08 is the only year there making the trails teams, Now the birdie told me something is in the works for a all silver trails teams for 2009, just thought i let you know what i heard today.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i heard, i think all silver with black wheels would look awesome.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm the way it sounded was it was going to be the body silver and then the panels black like the trails teams. Its basically going to be a trails teams but all silver paint body/roof.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
I'm dumber for reading this thread

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
These are the same dealers who dont know what ATRAC does......................

Now they have insight into future FJ models. I think I smell something.................

Raising my BS flag, lol

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im just passing on what i heard from a trusted employee of the dealership that owns 2 fjs himself and thought i would like to know this. Sorry if this is misleading in anyway. Hell he's not 100 percent sure he's just telling me what he heard through the pipeline.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The trd models...07 was the only year there making them and 08 is the only year there making the trails teams...
Yeeaaahhh, I think this is what makes them a "Special Edition."
Not a real surprise, but thanks for the update...

A.W.D.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Dealers are idiots and say anything and everything. Dealers have told people the FJ will be getting a V8, turbo diesel, production will stop in 09. I don't believe a single word a dealership has to say about future FJ's even if it is the GM of the dealership.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
my dealer told me that the 'crawl mode' [sic] could only be engaged via the atrac switch, which the base model 4x4's don't have, and therefore they can't be put into 'crawl mode.'

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well thats youre choice, didn't know how many people hate there dealerships. I have had no complaints on anything that my dealer does free rentals even if its not warranty work discount service rates at 20% off each service, i mean this is not far fetched i did not get told the fjs are getting diesels or crap like that. You can believe what you want.

·
Banned
2,479 Posts
The trd models are not going to be reproduced 07 was the only year there making them and 08 is the only year there making the trails teams, Now the birdie told me something is in the works for a all silver trails teams for 2009, just thought i let you know what i heard today.
Thanks for the heads-up about a possible future FJ model! :) You're just passing along what you heard in good faith and enthusiasm about FJs - if it turns out to be true, we heard it here first!

I'm not sure what particular kind of bugs made their way up the asses some of the other posters on this thread, but I got your back man! :rocker:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well im going to look back in about 5 months and if im right im going to be laughing, but thanks for the support just thought i would pass some info on.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
These are the same dealers who dont know what ATRAC does......................

Now they have insight into future FJ models. I think I smell something.................

Raising my BS flag, lol
Ding Ding Ding! You are the winner of the 'Let's See What the Dealer Will Say Next' contest! :)

M

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ya i read that thread i guess i see now. But i guess im lucky to have a good dealership to bring my rig there.

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
There are dealerships, and there are stealerships. Neither really know which hole the poop comes from. But they'll sell it to ya, stink and all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts