Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry, I was out last night at the Zephyrs game watching them stomp the living crap out of Round Rock (The Astros minor league team) then I left to watch the Rockets stomp the Jazz!!!!!

Now I'm paying for it today...

But I'm always here in spirit, that has to count for something...
Of course that counts buddy!!!! Plus, I know where to find you. Oh yeah, dude, when are we gonna finish the blackout stuff?????? I am totally ready to git er done!!!

Kim :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I am here. Been posting here and there. But I am here. I installed my new Demello tube sliders. Check em out...what ya think?

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am here. Been posting here and there. But I am here. I installed my new Demello tube sliders. Check em out...what ya think?

They look AWESOME!!!! Good job!

Kim:bigthumb:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've been kinda busy too, I drove the FJ up to Bat Cave North Carolina two weeks ago to rock climb and flew out to Joshua Tree National Park in California last weekend for more climbing. I should be out on the trails in the Ocala National Forest next weekend, I'm sure there will be plenty of pic to come!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Well, I'm trying to get pregnant. (Does that count as an excuse?? :confused:)
Thats the fun part!:jester: but men can't, unless you were in the tabloids..........:lol:JUST KIDDING!!!!

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thats the fun part!:jester: but men can't, unless you were in the tabloids..........:lol:JUST KIDDING!!!!
Abbe, you guys OK over there????

Kim

·
Registered
2,776 Posts

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
:worried:Last time I checked, Sandabbe(Debbie) and I were doing OK.
Kim, Do you know something I don't?:worried::lol:
Naw Wrig.... I just read her post from last night, new baby, friend's mother passing away, just a real roller coaster. Please tell her that Tom and I are thinking about you guys.

Kim:simmadown:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Naw Wrig.... I just read her post from last night, new baby, friend's mother passing away, just a real roller coaster. Please tell her that Tom and I are thinking about you guys.

Thanks for the kind words. We are doing fine. We have a new granddaughter, but she is tooooooo far away, they are in Georgia, Fort Stewart, Hinesville area. Although she went home from the hospital yesterday and they had to leave for the weekend to the in-laws in So.Carolina because the army decided to spray the 4plex for bugs inside and out, so no babies allowed in that air! so the other grandma gets to love her! But i told her to kiss her from me too!
Our friends are dealing with their loss as best they can.
Tough times.

Debbie:)

·
Registered
2,776 Posts

Wheeew! Had me worried there for a sec.!:lol:

Thanks Kim and Tom!:bigthumb:

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It's all good Wrig, truly it is. We have had torential rain here! The highest water line we have ever seen since living here!!! Anyway, sadly, we have had a house burn here in the neighborhood! It was horrible! Tom went over in the Titan to check while I called 911. Unfortunately I had the FJ torn up for my mods this weekend and he is not watertight but Tom got out and found them. It was a terrible afternoon.

Tom has told them that they can stay with us but we have not seen them yet. Oh well at least Tom went around and talked to them so they know they have a place to stay.

Kim

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
It's all good Wrig, truly it is. We have had torential rain here! The highest water line we have ever seen since living here!!! Anyway, sadly, we have had a house burn here in the neighborhood! It was horrible! Tom went over in the Titan to check while I called 911. Unfortunately I had the FJ torn up for my mods this weekend and he is not watertight but Tom got out and found them. It was a terrible afternoon.

Tom has told them that they can stay with us but we have not seen them yet. Oh well at least Tom went around and talked to them so they know they have a place to stay.

Kim
Hey Kim, i jsut got your second message. Sorry to hear about your neighbors and their misfortune. I was at a crawfish boil for work and didn't get any phone reception. Hope you got the FJ black and back together.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hey Kim, i jsut got your second message. Sorry to hear about your neighbors and their misfortune. I was at a crawfish boil for work and didn't get any phone reception. Hope you got the FJ black and back together.
It's OK buddy. I just need to let my mirrors sit here in the house and dry. I will have to sand mine down and repaint them but that is just a silly worry. We had that house burn down on the next block so it is pretty sucky but Tom and I are safe with the girls!!

Thanks Layton!!!!

Km

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
:bandit::bandit:

Ok Wrig, I know you and Sandabbe are celebrating that new baby but hey!!! Are the rest of us 4x2s sleeping??? Dave where are you?????? Tim are you on Vacation?

Kim
I'm still here Kim.....Here are some pictures of Scott and I running Cleghorn.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The trail was a bit beat up in that climb where Nala needed a line. You can see Wrigman pushing Nala hard to get up (no locker)....Almost made it but it was slick and rutted out. I used the rear locker and made it up with little effort. I was impressed on how well my 2WD did and hanging out with Wrigman and the others was a blast.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Awesome pics, Tim!!!!! I too am constantly amazed at how capable the 2wd drive is!!! I had an 89 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4 for years. I have done some of the same things with my 2wd FJ that I did in my 4x4 jeep! Now that is cool stuff.

Kim

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
Sweet pics Tim!! I have the LSD only. like Scott. No locker here, either. And I have the factory Dunlop tires too. That hill would have been a serious challenge for me.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Funny how Scott has made it up that hill several times before with out a line, i think he just chose the wrong line to take this time(my .02), but i was not there so who am i too talk!lol:wave: It was gonna happen sooner or later as he challenges our little beast! and thats what he does sometimes just to see what she can do!! He was surprised no one from the top took a pic of Nala with the line and all! You can barely see the super thin blue line in the dirt ahead of her in the pic!
those pics are great too!:)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
It was a great day. But that one point was slicker than owl snot on a door knob and rutted out. Any line was tough with only one drive wheel pushing you up. Scott pushed her hard and I was impressed with his skills and abilities. My wife and nephew were so freaked out by the challange that they got out and walked up it. I just stayed in the throttle and up we went!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts