Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well. In the whole state there are 24 fires. Around the metro they're around Harrah and to the north and south.

Elsewhere there's a couple in SE Oklahoma. Some south of Tulsa and a bunch to the southeast.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Holy cow. I guess I need to call the parents and see where it is from their house. Thanks for the head up.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Bout to say, wow lol. Ya, bet the firefighters are pissed. Those are some hot fires too, since all the grass and timber is dry/dead....and that damn wind isnt helping them at all!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My brother in law was out in it. He didn't sound too happy about getting called in.

For now, anyway, glad everyone is OK. Looking forward to the meet-n-greet next weekend.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
We are all safe here..

We did have to evacuate, the fires were within 2 miles of our home. We started early, it takes a long time to move 40+ dogs away from the kennel.

Lucky for us the wind was blowing away from our home and the firefighters were able to keep the fire at bay.

-C

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's good.

The last big fire tore through my neighborhood. I think we lost 7 houses on our side..3 on my street.

This las one was about 2 miles from me too, but I didn't have to evacuate.

Glad you were spared.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts