Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning.. I'm researching alternate summer roadtrip scenarios ($$gas) and Sandy (wife) wants to spend a few days in OKC. On our last roadtrip west we stopped at the Cattlemen's (great steak) and noticed a few interesting looking shops western/boots/hats. Any locals here that could recommend a good B&B and/or things to see/do? Thanks Ron

·
Registered
151 Posts
You could get a room in Bricktown, lots of bars and restaurants.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK.. Now the real question <<=;) Where are the best boot & hat shops? I mean the "real" stuff.. seriously.. Ron

PS: I had the best steak I've ever had at the Cattlemen's.. It'll be hard to beat!

You could get a room in Bricktown, lots of bars and restaurants.
yep.... bricktown is where its at in OKC...:rocker:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Down in the Cowtown area (across from Cattlemen's) is Langston's which is authentic.

Shepler's is a mile west on Meridian. It too is authentic.

Couple of others but these are the biggies.

Drysdale's is big in Tulsa if you are coming or going that direction.

When you coming?

Mike

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We had planned on being there by now, but a change of planse has set us back. We ate at cattlemens and my wife Sandy sayd that looks like something you'd like (Langston). We'll still possibly make it this month. Fireworks are taking of ahere now.. later,,, and thanks... Ron

Down in the Cowtown area (across from Cattlemen's) is Langston's which is authentic.

Shepler's is a mile west on Meridian. It too is authentic.

Couple of others but these are the biggies.

Drysdale's is big in Tulsa if you are coming or going that direction.

When you coming?

Mike

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
OK.. Now the real question <<=;) Where are the best boot & hat shops? I mean the "real" stuff.. seriously.. Ron

PS: I had the best steak I've ever had at the Cattlemen's.. It'll be hard to beat!
You might try Tener's - they had a pretty good store in Stillwater when I lived there, but their main store is in Oklahoma - They're local family owned and have been in OK for over 70 years.

Teners - Oklahoma's #1 Western Wear

·
Registered
337 Posts
you want things to do in okc.....while in cow town check out little joe's boots.....then head on up to the cowboy hall of fame....this is a must see if in okc!!!!!or head up to the pawhauska area and take a tour of the tall grass prairie.....the way it used to be....tall bluestem and switch grass prairies complete wit buffalo:cheers:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excellent... I did the cowboy hall of fame on my first roadtrip west (72) and remember it fondly.. I need to see it again.. The tall grass prairie sounds cool too.. Thanks.. Ron

you want things to do in okc.....while in cow town check out little joe's boots.....then head on up to the cowboy hall of fame....this is a must see if in okc!!!!!or head up to the pawhauska area and take a tour of the tall grass prairie.....the way it used to be....tall bluestem and switch grass prairies complete wit buffalo:cheers:

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Tenor's in OKC is just north of I-40 on Meridian. Turn R at first light N of Interstate.

If you are going W on I-40 past OKC visit Battle of the Wa****a site. 65 miles S of OKC on I-44 is Lawton which has Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and Fort Sill Museum. Great things to see and do! Of course Anadarko is great for plains indian stuff.

Stop at a OK Welcome Center when you enter OK. Lots to see and do in and around OKC!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was beginning to think the thread had dried up, until this weekend! Thanks.. Ron

Tenor's in OKC is just north of I-40 on Meridian. Turn R at first light N of Interstate.

If you are going W on I-40 past OKC visit Battle of the Wa****a site. 65 miles S of OKC on I-44 is Lawton which has Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and Fort Sill Museum. Great things to see and do! Of course Anadarko is great for plains indian stuff.

Stop at a OK Welcome Center when you enter OK. Lots to see and do in and around OKC!!!

cheers,

dale

1 - 13 of 13 Posts