Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured we'd try to compile a list of locals, in the event the need for extractions, mechanical failures, or any other malady occurs. Make it easier to contact relevant parties.

Not sure how to structure, but probably start with location, by city and state. See how it develops. Considering we're in the SouthCentral Forum, I can modify the thread as it develops.

I'm leery of posting email and phone, due to trolling, so I think it's better to PM. I could compile a complete directory, with information you don't mind sharing, and forward it to requesting locals at their request.

Seeking input from y'all, for sure.

Guess we'll start with name and city.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Roster 1/20/2012

Northeast Oklahoma (Tulsa Metro)

User name: Chris Delancy
Name: Chris Delancy
City, State: Tulsa, Ok.
Vehicle Description: 08 SiTi
12k winch, miles of straps, ARB Snatch strap that I highly suggest all add for sand or mud extractions, but most importantly, determination. Haha.

User name: Cmw7373
Name: Connor Williams
City, State: Tulsa, Ok
Vehicle Description: 07 Voodoo Blue

User name: T-Town FJ Cruiser
Name: Trevor G
City, State: Tulsa (South), Ok
Recovery Equipment: Shovel and some gloves.

Central OKlahoma (OKC Metro)

I-WANT-A-FJ
Derek Collier
Edmond, OK

Dumpinthegutter
Nick Archer
Oklahoma City, Ok
8500# winch. Couple straps, one rope, and a chain. If broken down or stuck in Western Oklahoma, my dad has a 74 chevy 4x4 wrecker. It's not fancy, but it is a beast.

User name: Golf Echo
Name: George K
City, State: OKC, OK
Recovery Equipment: None, but I have amazing fiberglassing abilities that I bring to the table. Also, I'll never turn down a request for help if I can help it.

User name: Big Turtle
Name: Josh B
City, State: Edmond, OK

Recovery gear: 9,500 lb winch, leather gloves, shovel, axe, spare screw-pin D-shackles, 30' chain, 3"x30' strap, 6' tree saver strap, Hi-Lift, 10 lb. Power tank + air tools, and enough light to make it look like daytime... in the event of a night rescue.

Grego
Name: Greg L
City/State: Edmond, OK
Recovery gear: straps and chains, etc.

User name: socowolf
Name: Lee Collins
City, State: Moore, OK

Recovery Gear: Most of my recovery gear is still in my POD since I didn't expect to take this long to settle into a place or sell my Rover on the journey, and I am still building up the FJ, but I'm always open to help however I can. Or hang out. Or both. I do have lots of shackles, 15 lb. PowerTank and a few other goodies though. I guess I need to put together another gear bag whilst I await my POD. You can never have too much recovery gear.

User Name: Zollars
Name: John Kelly
City, State: Oklahoma City, OK
Vehicle Description: 07 BC
Recovery Gear: 99% stock

User Name: Village 40
Name: Mike Leebron

8500# winch, tow strap, Hi-Lift, Snatch Block. Working on more.

User name: FJ_Wheeler
Name: Tony Wheeler
City, State: Shawnee, Ok.
Recovery gear: 12,000 lb winch, couple straps, chain, high lift jack, Tools

K.C. Allred
Pauls Valley Ok
10k winch
tons of clevis and snatch block
bubba rope
high lift.
plenty of lights

Southwest Arkansas

User name: Opie's Dad
Name: Jack (Jax') Dossey
City, State: Texarkana, Arkansas

Northwest Arkansas

Name: Ryan P.
City, State: Rogers, AR
Recovery Equipment: Tow rope, 9,500lb winch with snatch block, shovel, ax, high lift jack, tools galore, CO2...and most importantly, one of those foil blankets.

User: NWA FJ
Name: James Owens
Just starting the FJ journey...

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
User name: Cmw7373
Name: Connor Williams
City, State: Tulsa, Ok

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
User name: Opie's Dad
Name: Jack (Jax') Dossey
City, State: Texarkana, Arkansas

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good idea adding the recovery capabilities.

Once we have a decent list, I'll PM for contact info, create list, and email to all respondents.

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,557 Posts
Dumpinthegutter
Nick Archer
Oklahoma City, Ok

8500# winch. Couple straps, one rope, and a chain. If broken down or stuck in Western Oklahoma, my dad has a 74 chevy 4x4 wrecker. It's not fancy, but it is a beast.

·
Registered
380 Posts

Recovery Equipment: None, but I have amazing fiberglassing abilities that I bring to the table. Also, I'll never turn down a request for help if I can help it.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

OT: Ever given thought to a roof mounted fiberglassed, rackless LED housing?

·
Registered
94 Posts
User name: FJ_Wheeler
Name: Tony Wheeler
City, State: Shawnee, Ok.

Recovery gear: 12,000 lb winch, couple straps, chain, high lift jack, Tools

·
Registered
9 Posts

Recovery Equipment: Shovel and some gloves. Actually, I would like some input on what might be some good items to have. I would imagine straps would be good but would like a couple of suggestions on type/length (and where I can pick them up - Pep Boys, Wal Mart etc.).

Not sure of my availability as I might be swamped with having to be at work but would welcome the opportunity to get out and play in the snow.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts

Recovery Equipment: Shovel and some gloves. Actually, I would like some input on what might be some good items to have. I would imagine straps would be good but would like a couple of suggestions on type/length (and where I can pick them up - Pep Boys, Wal Mart etc.).

Not sure of my availability as I might be swamped with having to be at work but would welcome the opportunity to get out and play in the snow.
I would definately get a tow strap and D Shackles. I have a 35,000lb. one from Overland Warehouse. ARB also makes nice ones. Last year when we had that huge snow storm in our area, I pulled 5 cars out of snow banks.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought an ARB tree saver and snatch strap from Sam's OffRoad in Tulsa. Expensive, no doubt, and I never thought a snatch strap would be chosen over a winch, but it worked like a charm last Friday.

Have a couple of cheap tow straps, winch, more D rings than an emo teen has piercings, and more determination than the little train that could.

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,557 Posts
I bought an ARB tree saver and snatch strap from Sam's OffRoad in Tulsa. Expensive, no doubt, and I never thought a snatch strap would be chosen over a winch, but it worked like a charm last Friday.
You know, I would have never guessed the snatch strap would have pulled him out either. I did however for warn Eric that the winch probably wouldn't work.

·
Registered
573 Posts

Recovery gear: 9,500 lb winch, leather gloves, shovel, axe, spare screw-pin D-shackles, 30' chain, 3"x30' strap, 6' tree saver strap, Hi-Lift, 10 lb. Power tank + air tools, and enough light to make it look like daytime... in the event of a night rescue.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Welcome aboard from Tulsa, Josh.

Be sure to explore the Oklahoma/Arkansas subforum this thread is in for regional trail runs. Only coming I know of are in North Texas mid January (in Texas forum) and the Gorilla Run at Superlift in February.

Delancy

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks Chris! I've been watching the forums for a while now. I am frequently in the tulsa area, as my best friend lives there. I'm sure we'll meet sometime. I would love to go to superlift, but sounds like its going to be packed already. I'm for sure on the roster for Lonestar in April!

1 - 20 of 155 Posts