Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
08 Sandstorm here.

James Pfeffer
Collinsville, OK (near Tulsa, just in case you've never heard of it...oh wait, no one has).

Definitely a work in progress. I guess I got lucky and found one that had probably never even seen a dirt road. It's in pristine shape. Unfortunately, it was pretty naked as far as off road gear goes. It does have the locking diff and A-Trac, though.

It's my DD, zombie apocalypse vehicle and camping rig. Honestly, I don't know my butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to wheeling, but I'm looking forward to learning!

Back in the day, I had a Suzi Sidekick. The only time I took it wheeling, I sank it in sand near a river. Took all day to recover it. Decided then and there if I'm going to go off road, I'm going to have the equipment to drive outta there.

Mods so far:
US Offroad winch mount
Smittybilt 9k winch
OEM sliders
Hella 700s on the bumper
3 plug 12 volt outlet and Passport hard-wired into the fusebox
10" Polk sub and truck box mounted on the opposite side than factory

Mods to come:
leveling kit
actual off road tires
roof rack
James, nice to "meet" you! You're not far from me at all. We should get together sometime and compare how little we know about wheeling. Bet I win. Very nice looking rig. I love Sandstorm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
James, nice to "meet" you! You're not far from me at all. We should get together sometime and compare how little we know about wheeling. Bet I win. Very nice looking rig. I love Sandstorm.
Hi Tony, we should definitely get together. I've got a buddy in Claremore with an FJ as well. Might be able to get him to come along. BTW, don't count on knowing less than I do!:wink

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looking back at this thread I guess I never posted anything for the roster.

I'd like to say Howdy to alll the new folks around the area.
I am retired and am available if anyone needs help or wants to M&G (Meet & Greet).

Harry "Higear" '07 Yellow

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
User name: tsfarling
Name: Tyler Farling
City, State: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

·
Registered
843 Posts
Here he is, Moose, in all his glory! Future additions will be a roof rack, hitch, and the all weather mats. Bigger mods, I am not sure of at the moment but I am researching them pretty much everyday.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey guys! Josh here in Bryant (Little Rock), AR. Just picked up my new-to-me 2010 FJ on 8/16/14, but not altogether new to Toyotas.

I traded this:

For this:

So far, I freakin' love this thing! I may or may not have already created an Excel spreadsheet with all the parts I want for it so far. I can't wait to start learning more about the rig and modding it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Curt from Curt's Automotive here in Claremore America!
07 Black Cherry 2" lift 295's, Flow master w/ TRD tip
2" round rock sliders, Curt's scuba mod. More to come, just need
time and $$...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome Josh looks like you have made a good start. But I would hang on the mod fairy can be ruthless.....
Man, my wallet is already feeling it! So far I've ordered:

Toyota Passenger Armrest
Toyota All-Weather Cargo Mat
Toyota Rear Door Cargo Net
Alpine CDE-HD148BT
Rockford Fosgate Prime 6x9's
Kicker 3.5's
Precision Power PPI550 amp
MTX 5510 subwoofer
SubThump Driver Side Box
Rough Country 3" lift
Gear Alloy 17x9 Blackjack wheel (I want a matching spare!)
5 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS II tires

Sweet Jeebus I hope that holds the mod bug off for a while!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Curt from Curt's Automotive here in Claremore America!
07 Black Cherry 2" lift 295's, Flow master w/ TRD tip
2" round rock sliders, Curt's scuba mod. More to come, just need
time and $$...
Hey Curt!

It's James from MR2OC! I wondered if you were on here. I didn't leave the FJ stock for long...it'll end up costing more than the MR2!>:D

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Man, my wallet is already feeling it! So far I've ordered:

Toyota Passenger Armrest
Toyota All-Weather Cargo Mat
Toyota Rear Door Cargo Net
Alpine CDE-HD148BT
Rockford Fosgate Prime 6x9's
Kicker 3.5's
Precision Power PPI550 amp
MTX 5510 subwoofer
SubThump Driver Side Box
Rough Country 3" lift
Gear Alloy 17x9 Blackjack wheel (I want a matching spare!)
5 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS II tires

Sweet Jeebus I hope that holds the mod bug off for a while!
I'm not quite sure how to say this so I guess I'll just put it out there. Those items you've ordered will only stave off the disease you've contracted. However once they are installed you will experience the honeymoon period, your content for a while. Then you read a post of a new product, spot another FJ in a parking lot sporting a new trinket and then you catch yourself scouring the web for something else you NEED. Then it's a slippery slope your comparing prices, constantly checking tracking numbers, waiting on the UPS man. Sorry!

·
Registered
263 Posts
yep it's soooooo true lol

I'm not quite sure how to say this so I guess I'll just put it out there. Those items you've ordered will only stave off the disease you've contracted. However once they are installed you will experience the honeymoon period, your content for a while. Then you read a post of a new product, spot another FJ in a parking lot sporting a new trinket and then you catch yourself scouring the web for something else you NEED. Then it's a slippery slope your comparing prices, constantly checking tracking numbers, waiting on the UPS man. Sorry!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Saw two really nice FJ's tonight near Lake Hefner. A Voodoo Blue with a snorkel and tons of stickers on the back windows and a lifted black/white top with blacked out rims. If you are around the forum, nice work on your FJ!

·
Registered
323 Posts
vfrman02
Scott Duncan
Rogers, AR

10,000lb warn winch, snatch block, recovery straps, shackles, tree straps, small air compressor to air tires, tools, cb.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I see a lifted sandstorm beauty every morning on the way to work in Tulsa at 51st and memorial heading east on 51st. Nice looking rig. I'm the Titanium metallic heading east trying to get your attention every morning.

·
Registered
80 Posts
vfrman02
Scott Duncan
Rogers, AR

10,000lb warn winch, snatch block, recovery straps, shackles, tree straps, small air compressor to air tires, tools, cb.
I'm from Rogers originally. I'll be up that way Oct 3-4.

On a side note, if anyone local wants to get rid of their factory roof rack, let me know!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm from Rogers originally. I'll be up that way Oct 3-4.

On a side note, if anyone local wants to get rid of their factory roof rack, let me know!!
Hey Tribull have you checked this thread out yet? http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/south-central-region/325226-ozark-adventure-2-a.html. Gonna be a fun weekend. Gonna be at least five to six rigs. You should join us if you are able to.

I will be getting a new Baja roof rack hopefully in November or early December. If you can wait till then you can have my stock one if you want it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Tribull have you checked this thread out yet? http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/south-central-region/325226-ozark-adventure-2-a.html. Gonna be a fun weekend. Gonna be at least five to six rigs. You should join us if you are able to.

I will be getting a new Baja roof rack hopefully in November or early December. If you can wait till then you can have my stock one if you want it.
Yes I have seen it and drooled over some of the teaser videos. I'm going to be in NWA that weekend for work. Lame, I know.

As for the roof rack, I will absolutely take you up on that offer! I'll even buy you a beer or seven when I come up again!

121 - 140 of 155 Posts