Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So any good stories about rompin around in the snow with your FJ. I spent most of the day tuesday...while it was blizzarding outside, pulling cars and trucks out of the snow! made a whoping $10!!! lol. Pulled out a Nissan Titan. cadillac, and some other small cars and even pulled out a jeep cherokee!!! LOL! that was good!

Hope everyone is doing good and that no one had any accidents!!!

-Cody:rocker:

·
Registered
671 Posts
I did the same thing all day Tuesday. I saw a guy in a Silverado 2500 that was stuck going up a hill going on the wrong side of the road and offered to help. He said he had a friend on the way and didn't think there was any way my Jap-crap could pull him up to the top of the hill, but he said he wouldn't mind trying.
The FJ yanked him all the way to the top without a problem! So much for his big, bad bro-mobile. I just wish he had his girlfriend in the passenger seat to laugh at him. :lol:

Also, I did some playing around in empty parking lots. AWD drifting is so much fun!:rocker:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I did the same thing all day Tuesday. I saw a guy in a Silverado 2500 that was stuck going up a hill going on the wrong side of the road and offered to help. He said he had a friend on the way and didn't think there was any way my Jap-crap could pull him up to the top of the hill, but he said he wouldn't mind trying.
The FJ yanked him all the way to the top without a problem! So much for his big, bad bro-mobile. I just wish he had his girlfriend in the passenger seat to laugh at him. :lol:

Also, I did some playing around in empty parking lots. AWD drifting is so much fun!:rocker:
:rofl::lol:

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Pulled a Chevy 2500 up a slick hill in the neighborhood on day 1, went to get pizza on day 2 and pulled an Infiniti EX35 out, and also had to pull out the Chevy 4x4 Z71 that got stuck trying to pull the Infiniti out. Got to push another Nissan 4x4 up a hill leaving the drug store yesterday as well.

Next year I will have the winch, lift kit, and bumpers and will be more ready to do some touring to pull out people.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Supposed to be in OKC next week on Tuesday and Wednesday for work, wonder if were still going.

The other guy I am flying in with is probably going to make me drive.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I heard there may be some more coming in Monday or something.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've let christy drive the fj since this had come in and I've been in the tahoe, but the fj does a lot better than a two door tahoe on 37" boggers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it sounds as though the FJ's have been king of the road! Thats awesome! yeah I was REALLY wishing I had a winch on the front...would have made things a lot easier!! but the tow strap sufficed for now...

I def think the 6" lift and 35"s really helped out on tuesday in some of the deeper snow drifts...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Pulled some idiot out in a 2wd 4Runner in my neighborhood in Edmond last night, some young idiot that didn't know how to drive in the snow. He admitted he was trying to spin out. Im all for fun, but do that crap in a parking lot, not a 2 lane road.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I hear we should be getting ready for some more snow this week..

I didn't have any reason to get out in the mess last week. I finally went to work on Thursday and had to push a Camaro out of the center lane. He was just driving along and it started to fish tail and he got it stuck across the 2 south bound lanes.

I guess if you have to get to work, and thats the only car you own you have to go, but at least put some weight in the back!

I learned my lesson about snow drifts during the storm of 09. I grew up with snow in Pittsburgh and Syracuse NY, but we never had drifts like these..

This was before my upgrades..

I'm not sure if I would do much better in the deep stuff now, but at least I have a winch.

The farmer down the street had to pull me out with his tractor.

-C

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,555 Posts
This is in that parking lot by the Land Run statue, near the south end of the canal.
:cheers: Heres to more snow tomorrow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts