Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I registered like a year ago and never could remember my user name and password. I have been creeping around the site for over 3 years now and have enjoyed all of the information everyone has given me. I am the proud owner of a 2007 AT Voodoo Blue FJ Cruiser. I bought it in January of 2007. I love many of the modifications that people are doing and will dig in one day. Right now my modifications are limited to replacing the stock stereo.

I put a pioneer double DIN with 6x9 Alpine 3 ways in the front doors, 4" JL Audio in the dash, and 6 3/4 Kenwood components in the C Pillars(Thanks for the info on how to do this!). The components are new as of this last Christmas and I powered the whole thing in January from a Sound Ordinance amp that I installed on the back driver side.

Nebraska got over 40" of snow last year and this car is a beast just with stock all seasons and stock height. Christmas day we got over 20" of snow on top of the 18" we already had and it acted like it was a summer day. I was a proud owner before that day but have had a different view of it since. It has this sort of super car feel about it now. Anyway just a few thoughts and wanted to say hello to everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Glad you finally came out of hiding!

KyFJGuy

·
Premium Member
16,933 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello! VB's rule ~

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha! Yeah its nice to throw my two cents in. I apparently have learned quite a bit from these forums since I refuse to go to the dealership except to get parts. Nebraska got almost a foot of snow this past weekend and the FJ didn't even feel it. I love pulling cars out of the ditch with nothing more than a tow strap.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Go Big red!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha ha BigStickkenobi. There is no big red in our household. Its all Go Blue for us! Being a Michigan fan has had its ups and downs(mostly downs recently). We do have a neighbor from Florida, lets just say we enjoy attending Husker games and bashing on them for good fun. We keep it clean and non hateful though, especially knowing both of our teams just had rough seasons.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MaxVernon when you hooked up to it did anyone give you the look like "No way its going to pull it!"? I got that look more than once, only once did I put it in 2L but then it made it way too easy. I really want to put a 6" lift and some 33" General Grabbers on this thing but I know it will not fit in the garage if I do. We get hail and damaging storms every year here and I know I will regret it that one day it happens.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I'm loving your set up. Very basic but there's something awesome about a rackless VooDoo with no brush guard or extra driving lights. Plus those are my favorite of the available stock FJ wheels. Nice rig!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
welcome back :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL. Nothing like rocking the stock look. I think I mentioned this but I really only want a 6" lift and some 33 or 35 tires BUT,,,,,,,I don't think it will fit in the garage with anything larger than 33s and 3 inches of lift. I go back and forth on the look of the rackless FJ, there are days I like it and then there are the days that I could have used the rack. Oh well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts