Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
fka Vier something...
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had to replace this?
All my engine check light, VSC lights came on when I went mudding. My mechanic cleaned the filter to the pump and said it was fixed and then they came back on about 3 weeks later. He says the pump is probably bad but is checking to confirm.
Looking for some feedback from someone that has had this problem and what the pump costs or where I can buy one.

Thanks!

·
fka Vier something...
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, he says the leak detection pump has an intermittent switch failure or something inside that is causing the panel to light up. "Circuit A of the LDC" He says Toyota only sells the entire Canister Assembly containing the pump and its $892.
It is not critical for the truck to run but will deactivate the antilock breaks and VSC.
Trying to decide if I want to pay over $1K to fix this crap. Not under warranty.
:flame:
Anyone have any suggestions or have dealt with this issue?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Wouldn't this be considered part of the emissions system? I think there's some federal law that emissions stuff has to have a longer warranty, like maybe 7 or 8 years?

·
fka Vier something...
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assumed the mechanic didn't exactly know what he was talking about. I knew the code meant it was sensing a leak in the system but he couldn't find it. I just replaced the gas cap with a new one for $8 assuming the factory cap wasn't making a good seal.
Its been over two weeks and still no lights.
Still crossing my fingers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts