Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
81 - 100 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dang, I'm at work today. Just saw this post. It would be nice if someday we Omaha FJ owners go shooting too together at TakeAim range in Bellevue or at the Bullet range in Harrison St. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
175 Posts
is anyone planning anything coming up here in Nebraska?
if so, as long as it would be on the weekend, i know me and my fiance would be game to come

·
Registered
900 Posts
I am good for DJs...but your'e right it will be packed! Maybe on an away football Saturday?

There is a 4x4 run that is not to far away in south central Iowa -- they will have runs from extreme to easy:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/mid-west-region/346201-any-info-tall-corn-cruiser-classic.html

More info...thanks to forum member ejulson:

Tall Corn Cruiser Classic 2014
Tall Corn Cruiser Classic 2014 | IH8MUD Forum

When:
August 21st to August 24th 2014

Where:
Make It Or Break It (MIOBI) Wheeling Grounds
Located on Highway 5, just north of Lovilia and just west of Hamilton, Iowa (South Central Iowa)
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.1716.../data=!3m1!1e3

Cost (register at event):
$30 Event Fee includes T shirt
$35 Wheeling for entire event or $15 a day
$15 tent and $20 Campers per night, electricity included

Schedule:
Thursday: Sign-in/Tech and Guided Trail Runs
Friday: Sign-in/Tech and Guided Trail Runs
Saturday: Pancake breakfast, Guided Trail Runs, Kids Lug Nut Hunt/Raffle, BBQ Dinner and Raffle
Sunday: Trail Runs, Pack and Leave

Info:
This is a TLCA open event, so all 4x4s are welcome.
MIOBI has electric hook ups, showers and port-o-johns.
Trail difficulties range from easy to extreme.

Vehicle Reqs (per TLCA):
TLCA: Vehicle Inspection Requirements

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have kept an eye out on the MIOBI events, looks like a blast! We just went wheeling out on some farm land this weekend and blazed some trails. Had a BLAST. Trails were pretty compact so pin striping happened some. I am uploading the video from the GoPro right now.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I'd be in for a meet sometime as well. Would be nice to meet like like minded people in FJs rather than soccer moms :cheers:

·
Registered
328 Posts
As long as nothing comes up on the same date/time I'd be interested in meeting some local FJ owners. I see quite a few around and its always hard to tell if they are members here or not.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Let's get the ball rolling on this! I'll throw something together tonight and get some ideas up of dates and times. Also going to spread it to the TW and TundraTalk forums too. And if anyone sees this iceberg around town, this would be me!

-Poorly typed from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Any interest in a meet sometime this month? Maybe a buffalo wild wings or something, set up a run somewhere. I was thinking of maybe going down to tuttle creek in the next few weeks

·
Registered
436 Posts
If anyone would like to go shoot Jan 24th, trying to go down to Take Aim in Bellevue.

Would definitely love to try and get the ball rolling on a spring Toyota get together. May even be able to get Bellevue Toyota to throw in on a location for a meet 'n' greet and then go from there. Still been trying to find some places around town to wheel, though it seems like it's beginning to become pointless. If not, maybe just getting together at a local fine eating and drinking establishment would definitely suffice.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Take Aims a really nice range, haven't been in there in a few months. Don't they do special shoots on Wed nights? I remember them saying they take the tables out or something for draw practice.

Ive been trying to find some trails nearby for quite some time, with no luck. There almost has to be some trails over in the Loess Hills area.

81 - 100 of 172 Posts