Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hello

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Is anyone from the Omaha area planning on attending Summit this upcoming year? Nick (Attmore) and I had already been planning on it, seeing if there is anyone else from the area trying to go.
I'll be going through Omaha on my way through Cedar Rapids. We might be going a few days early to visit family in the Boulder/Denver area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone, looking for some advice from locals. I was finally able to upgrade my tires from the stock to Goodyear Wrangler Duratraks. They are amazing in the snow.

A small item I was going to do next was change out the door handles and mirrors for the black finish. Not too costly on Amazon and they have good reviews. But, the next "big" item will be step up rails. Since I never climb over rocks or huge logs with my FJ I've been leaning away from rock rails. I liked a few of them that essentially "winged" out and had a step portion. For the obvious reason that it could be used as a step, but also the added protection against certain vehicle doors and or sliding into something slowly sideways. I can't help myself though, I keep going back to the predator rails...anyone have experience with these? I keep reading posts from guys in the Midwest that say they rust out within the first two winters of having them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Good to know! Would love to get out this weekend, but I've got prom this weekend. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Haha gotta ask, driving the FJ? I took mine a few years back :cool:
No, it's a little too tall (and muddy!) for prom duty. We're taking my mother's buick boringmobile.

Jrod, how's the new rig coming?

141 - 160 of 172 Posts