Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ill have pictures in today or tommrrow, but i have the ome medium with n140s and n141 but the front end seems to be alittle lower is this common. I do have the all pro front skid with tranny but is it heavy enough to lower it ill post picks tonight to let you see.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I have the same setup suspension wise, added the toytec 1/2 spacer on top in the front and the rig sits level. I added a 2" receiver to the front for a winch mount and will be building a bumper that will be around 40 lbs heavier than stock so I would expect it to take a little loss in front height.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the same set up with the front skid plate. The front is only slightly lower than the rear. Although why would you want the truck level??????? If you put anything heavy in the rear or tow a small boat your nose would be in the air and the back would sag............. I guess I would have to see the pics. But here is mine.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Even loaded down for a trip it does not sag the rear, nor does pulling a trailer with 500lb or less tongue weight. I am real happy with the lift. If the time comes that it seems the back is riding lower I will just take out the top spacers. They are only a 1/2" plate

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the same set up with the front skid plate. The front is only slightly lower than the rear. Although why would you want the truck level??????? If you put anything heavy in the rear or tow a small boat your nose would be in the air and the back would sag............. I guess I would have to see the pics. But here is mine.
X2, lifting 3 inches and keeping some factory rake is important, otherwise whenever people gear or any other weight is in the rear your nose will be aiming upwards and your headlights will be blinding on coming traffic.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Don't mean to hijack, but what size are your tires? Are those the Xtreme M/T's?

·
Registered
89 Posts
305/65/17 Pro Comp Xterrains 17X8 4.5 Back 0 offset

No rubbing... Ome Med

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok i have the photos uploaded shortly, i also took shots of the shocks and the coils to see if its all setup right.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Same set up here and I still have a bit of rake and I too have the 1/2inch spacers in. When I hook my boat up it is perfectly level.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so are you guys thinking to put the half inch spacers up front to level it out?

Oh and the camera is acting up so im going to have to wait i guess, but i love the ride you can just feel that the front is higher rides so much better.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya thats what mine looks like. I guess i would like to have my rake go away but the only way is to add a top spacer and people are saying thats a very bad idea. And i found out today that i cant add 285s without the chop. So sad.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
so are you guys thinking to put the half inch spacers up front to level it out?

Oh and the camera is acting up so im going to have to wait i guess, but i love the ride you can just feel that the front is higher rides so much better.
NCFJ did his with both spacers. his rig looks perfect.. imo

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
The ome lift does not get rid of the factory rake. I would not suggest running spacers with the OME kit. It was not designed to run with spacers. If having the vehicle be level was of utmost importance, adjustable coilovers in the front is what you should have went with. This way if you get a bumper down the road you can adjust them to level the FJ.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no i know the rake is not bad as stock people are saying its messed up because i cant fit 285s without rubbing but some tires rub some dont im going to get someone to look at to double check.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The ome lift does not get rid of the factory rake. I would not suggest running spacers with the OME kit. It was not designed to run with spacers. If having the vehicle be level was of utmost importance, adjustable coilovers in the front is what you should have went with. This way if you get a bumper down the road you can adjust them to level the FJ.
The OME comes with 1/2 inch spacers to level it out most of the way. I have about 3/8 inch difference front to rear.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ome doesnt come with 1/2 spacers not to my knowledge no one has ever mentioned it.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
The OME comes with 1/2 inch spacers to level it out most of the way. I have about 3/8 inch difference front to rear.
I was referring to like the 2 inch spacers that people use not the trim spacers that come with the kit.

·
Registered
934 Posts
ome doesnt come with 1/2 spacers not to my knowledge no one has ever mentioned it.
Maybe it is just a OME from toytec but I have billit spacer jsut above the top of the strut below the mounting point.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well if you get the toytec kit it comes with a spacer but if you get the ome lift it does not come with a spacer it just comes with a trim packer to level out the extra weight from the battery and gas

1 - 20 of 30 Posts