Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any running this set-up compared to the OME/Yellow shocks? So, OME springs with a set of 5100?

Is there much difference with ride quality, compared to full set-up?

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I just answered my own question. I believe I would have to go with 5100 and the Ebiach route for this setup. Comparison to OME if I go this route?

·
Registered
341 Posts
My guess is that you would be happier w/ OME & OME. They are designed to work together. Shock length will be correct.

I can not tell you the difference between 5100 and OME shocks because I only ran the 5100s w/ OME med coils. I ran that set up because I had the 5100s already and picked up the OME springs cheap. Ride was stiff and terrible in any sort of whoop, pogo-stick effect.

I can tell you that the shocks were too long and quickly wore out my upper ball joints. If you do use 5100s and OME I highly recommend aftermarket UCAs.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just trying to avoid using the top-plate that is required on OME for the full 3" since I'm not adding any weight up front.

If I go the Eibach/5100 route, no top-plate since the fronts are adjustable; don't know how the ride quality will be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts