Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have the OME 883 springs on the front. I was thinking of adding a daystar 1.25in front top spacer and a 1.5in rear spacer. What do you guys think? I just didn't want to get rid of the 883's so soon i just put them in before the summit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can you put a spacer on top of an aftermarket coil-over, i mean i don't see why not considering there's not much difference in the OEM and an aftermarket shocks (i mean accept performance wise) but no-one does it, why? Sounds like an easy, and cheap way to achieve a larger lift.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
If you want the best answer, call up ARB tomorrow and ask to speak to a tech. (don't call around lunch time, they like to take long lunches, trust me).

I have a gut feeling they will tell you not to do this. Only difference between me and them is they will explain why not to.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah I know that the 884's and 885's would be better because then I would avoid using spacers; however, with a new baby, the mod fund is a touchy subject with my wife.

So here is what I am thinking. . . I got 1.5" out of the 883's on the front. I can add a top-mount 1.25" spacer to the front and a 1.5" rear spacer to gain additional lift at all four corners. This will not pre-load the front suspension and also will still be less than 3" of total lift so I will avoid added stress to the cv-joint. I should still sit pretty close to level. I'm not too worried if I have 1/2" of rake. Maybe it would have less effect on mpg?

Thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts