Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running Bilstein 5100's on my FJ. The fronts are set to the highest setting with factory coils. I'm getting tired of the nose dive while breaking!

So, should i go with the 884's and the top spacer so i can get the full 3" lift in the front or with the 885's and the spacer? (toytec only says the 886's dont need the spacer). Would the 885's be too stiff? Also would i have to change the settings on the 5100s? or just add the new coils with the spacer and end of story?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or maybe i should just go with the Toytec Front Coil Over Kit for the 5100's...like i should have from the start. I thought the ride would be too rough though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think other members are right. Coilover system is what you should be looking at to get 3" lift. :)

I do find it interesting about your current combo. 5100 Adj. with 2" Flex-coil. Are you using stock shocks on the rear with Toytec 2" Flex-Coil?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
two questions:
1. How well does the toytec coilover work with a new bumper and winch?

2. For choosing the spring rate for the rear, is what is added on the outside the only thing that detemines med or heavy like an aftermarket bumper, or does having a storage box and a 50lb backpack in the trunk all the time need to be added into the equation? Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
two questions:
1. How well does the toytec coilover work with a new bumper and winch?

2. For choosing the spring rate for the rear, is what is added on the outside the only thing that detemines med or heavy like an aftermarket bumper, or does having a storage box and a 50lb backpack in the trunk all the time need to be added into the equation? Thanks
bump and X2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts