Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running the Ome 885/895's for only a couple 1000 miles. Pretty happy with it overall. Just recently whenever I hit the gas or brake the suspension creaks on all 4 corners. My truck isn't a piece of $h*T so I don't want it to sound like one.

What do i do wd40? Grease? What has anyone else tried? Where exactly do I apply?

THanks

·
Registered
831 Posts
have a question does it creek when you push up and down on the roof rack? Also are you sure its coming from the front because mine had a creek when i would push up and down on the roof rack but the tech found the problem to be in the rear. The 2 e-brake cables that go back to the rear brakes about half way maybe alittle more to the rear brakes there's a rubber bushing he put some grease on both of them and the noise went away.

But it just came back so im going to ask at the next oil change for them to give me new rubber bushings hope this helped.

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
Also, verify proper "clocking" on your OME spring installation. The spring's base tip should be at the "6 o'clock" orientation (facing the rear of the vehicle).

If the OME springs are not properly clocked, you will hear substantial creaking and clicking as the springs slightly bind during even mild articulation. Correct clocking also ensures that the spring is properly seated in the lower base cup.

·
Registered
831 Posts
i dont know whats up with mine because i can hear that slight noise but its coming from the rear were i explained previous. But one day you will hear it and then the next day you won't?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Creak is coming from the springs front and back when you hit the gas or brake. But one day it is there one day it is not.

With regards to the spring clocking , thats BS i talked with the guys at ARB you don't need to clock just make sure they are sitting in the perch correctly. Although that is a no brainer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts