Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Still waiting on mine... hopefully it will come in this week.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hmmmmm..... I wonder why........? Man how easy would life be if you could just have someone hit the delete button and erase your F~UPs...?! If I could get ahold of a "delete" button and one of those "easy" buttons....I would be set!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did get my lift on Friday but it is not good business for the forum to sponsor group buys and then remove all evidence of a group buy existing before forum members received their paid merchandise. The transactions are not completed until everyone receives their merchandise, not when the seller receives their money. What if people didn't receive their items? What if they need to print out the group buy thread for evidentiary purposes? The admins need to reevaluate their policies for deleting group buys once the money exchanges hands to limit liability for the seller, purchaser, and forum.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I did get my lift on Friday but it is not good business for the forum to sponsor group buys and then remove all evidence of a group buy existing before forum members received their paid merchandise. The transactions are not completed until everyone receives their merchandise, not when the seller receives their money. What if people didn't receive their items? What if they need to print out the group buy thread for evidentiary purposes? The admins need to reevaluate their policies for deleting group buys once the money exchanges hands to limit liability for the seller, purchaser, and forum.
Good points. However, in the group buy purchasing arena, the actual invoicing and a payments are done usually via email, and I imagine in some cases via fax and telephone. Therefore, sufficient evidence should exist between vendor and those entered under the group buy, unless a vendor and purchaser were amazingly adept at deleting or forging transmissions/messages through third party subscription services.

But I do agree, that the matter at hand is a bit fishy and perhaps casts a cloud over our forums vendor/merchandising enterprise. Hopefully, it is all just much-a-do about nothing and the folks that paid-up will get their goods and all will be well in the world:)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
WOW! Thank you Toyota of Dallas... Glad N4WD couldn't get me the lift in the time that I had specified.

That is NOT right, these forums are setup to help the Vendors AND Members. If a vendor proves that he is unable to fullfill his promises then the Members should be able to "View" his past history. Should be allowed to "close" not "delete".

The Rules need to be changed to reflect that for ALL future posts..

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
WOW! Thank you Toyota of Dallas... Glad N4WD couldn't get me the lift in the time that I had specified.

That is NOT right, these forums are setup to help the Vendors AND Members. If a vendor proves that he is unable to fullfill his promises then the Members should be able to "View" his past history. Should be allowed to "close" not "delete".

The Rules need to be changed to reflect that for ALL future posts..
Agreed...

What admin deleted? and why? (yes I know the vendor requested, but why comply?)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Agreed...

What admin deleted? and why? (yes I know the vendor requested, but why comply?)
Well, lets not get into which admin..

Unfortunately, because they(vendors) can request it to be deleted, there is no rule currently in place to stop them(admins) from complying with the request. The admins are there for "both" sides. That is why I am asking the rules be changed. That way it allows the Members to "protect" themselves by consumer knowledge. If you delete the 'bad' things, the member has a skewd knowledge. Therefore, a thread should only be allowed to be closed.

·
Registered
370 Posts
+1
Maybe I am naive, but I was under the impression that this was a forum for FJ Cruiser owners... not for vendors... We, as members of this forums should not be deprived of any information that happened publicly on this forum concerning a vendor who is listed as a "supporting vendor". Its unfortunate that this group buy did not go smoothly. I saw it coming and thankfully bailed out. But, just because it went badly is not a just reason to erase that knowledge. This sets a terrible precedence. If all negative transactions get erased, what incentive do vendors have to maintain any type of high standards when dealing with forum members?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Add me to the list of people that disagree with deleting these sorts of threads. I wanted to go back and look at a few things I know were posted in there and was confused as to where it went. I don't think threads should be deleted at all. There was a TON of good info on buying a lift in there.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Well, lets not get into which admin..

Unfortunately, because they(vendors) can request it to be deleted, there is no rule currently in place to stop them(admins) from complying with the request. The admins are there for "both" sides. That is why I am asking the rules be changed. That way it allows the Members to "protect" themselves by consumer knowledge. If you delete the 'bad' things, the member has a skewd knowledge. Therefore, a thread should only be allowed to be closed.
x2

Leo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts