Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
It's not hard if you have the tools. Are the fronts assembled? That's the hardest part. Do you have a proper jack and jackstands? 1/2" drive metric sockets, I'm sure you have torque wrenches. Rears are easy.

If you don't have manuals or install instructions with Tq specs people here will be able to provide them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Install is fairy simple, have a shop with a proper spring press assemble the fronts together or order them assembled.

4Wheelparts will do it for $75 and most online places will charge you $100 to pre assemble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Greetings, all!

I am in my first 24 hours of owning an FJ, and I am pretty excited to be part of the crew.

One of the big reasons for the purchase was to take my three Labrador Retrievers around (as seen in the photo). The oldest is almost seven, and I get the feeling she is not a big fan of jumping out/down from a vehicle anymore.

My questions...

• Does anyone use a ramp for their pets? If so, can you tell me what you have?
  • What accommodations have you made to haul your pups around? I'm thinking about getting some foam padding and a cargo liner (machine-washable) so the dogs don't scratch the plastic and don't slide around in the back.
Any thoughts/suggestions/insights are appreciated!

Jim in Indiana
It's not hard if you have the tools. Are the fronts assembled? That's the hardest part. Do you have a proper jack and jackstands? 1/2" drive metric sockets, I'm sure you have torque wrenches. Rears are easy.

If you don't have manuals or install instructions with Tq specs people here will be able to provide them.
Pay to have fronts assembled is good advice, the rest is easy. Floor jack, bottle jack, jack stands, and basic 1/2” metric tools are all that’s needed. Air wrenches make it go faster but are not required. Solvent may be needed if rust is a factor. Rear is extremely easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts