Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my old man emu on, I put heavies all the way around. It rides a tad stiff but I like it. I got my lift from toytec. I now need bigger tires. I thought it wouldn't look to bad with 275s. Overall Im real happy with it. Thank to the 702fjcrew.net and our huge mod party. We did like 6 fjs through out the day.:cheers:

Before

After

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
What a difference. Looks awesome!!!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Looks good! Wow 6 lifts that day? :cheers:

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Thats awesome. At ours we had a H3 rolling through a couple of times we all just stopped and starred and it drove away with it's spare between it's wheels, lol. But really, like what you all have going on out there, with the web page and all. Nothing better than getting a great group of people together and getting it all done.
Take care

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Awesome!!! Aren't mod parties fun???????? I love ours! Go Hurricanes!

Kim

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks like you guys had a fun time. I will be installing my OME lift this week hopefully.
Any tips for me ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks like you guys had a fun time. I will be installing my OME lift this week hopefully.
Any tips for me ?
Here are some tips we learned:

The easiest way to thread the front coilover out is to remove the two lower ball joint bolts (the ones without the cotter pin). This will allow you to lift up on the spindle while pushing down on the lower a-arm. Then a coilover will fit through the space between the cv and tie rod. You have to remove the front front sway-bar to do this and it may take two people.

Also be very carefull putting on the top rear shock bushings on the driver side. If you drop one, it can roll down the frame rail into a hole in the frame. This happened to one of the guys and it took almost an hour to fish it out.

You can use two spring compressors to remove the stock springs but we used three for the OME springs because of the higher spring rate.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
MOD PARTY???? My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail. Pa. is only up Rt. 95 a bit. I could have pop'ed down for awhile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts