Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an OME 3" lift, and was asked if I wanted the optional trim packer. It seems to be a 5mm spacer for the front left side. Being that it was 8 bucks, I ordered it, but I'm not sure if i really need it. I guess the best way to find out is to go outside and measure the distance from the center for the wheel to the bottom of the fenders on both front sides and see if I need it. Any advice on this? Has anyone else used the trim packer?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I believe it is for the driver's side because the driver's side is heavier and will sit slightly lower. So this will supposedly level out the fj, from left to right. But I could be misunderstanding what it is you're talking about.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
My driver's side rear sits about .7" lower than the passenger side... I wish I had ordered a spacer because it drives me nuts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told its for the drivers side front. I guess I need it for the rear as well? Has anyone used these before?

·
fka Silverheels
128 Posts
I ordered them with my OME setup, but did not install them. I have never noticed the lean, but I am probably not the most observent. At least it is not to the point where it bothers me.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I ordered them with my OME setup, but did not install them. I have never noticed the lean, but I am probably not the most observent. At least it is not to the point where it bothers me.
Same here, ordered it never installed it. Still in the plastic bag hanging over the work bench.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant seem to find the thread, but there was someone who posted pics before and after the lift install and the lean before was tremendous. I haven't noticed a lean on mine either. Well, thanks for your input, I was just curious to see if this is common or not.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
yes its designed for the front driver side. Basically it keeps your FJ looking level when you have a full tank of gas and when driving. I put one on my set up... works fine for me. I only installed it when I put on the whole lift. If it was a retrofit, I probably would've left it off

·
Registered
19 Posts
It does indeed go on the front drivers side strut. I put one in when i did my lift 3 weeks ago. For the 8 bucks to avoid an annoying uneven stance...Id say do it for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts