Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FJ is already eating at my wallet...and its still 5-6 looong weeks away.

Just got the OME system, and gave ARB a call only to find out that there is a trim kit. Has anyone used this, and if so how much of a difference did it make? Does it completely level it out, or does it still keep the rear end up a little for towing sake?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
DirtyLittleSecret said:
My FJ is already eating at my wallet...and its still 5-6 looong weeks away.

Just got the OME system, and gave ARB a call only to find out that there is a trim kit. Has anyone used this, and if so how much of a difference did it make? Does it completely level it out, or does it still keep the rear end up a little for towing sake?
The OME 95PF5 trim packer is used on the front struts to level (side-to-side) the front end of your FJ. They get installed between the spring and the seat on the strut. I installed one trim packer (5 MM) on the driver side front strut and it leveled the front end. I believe the trim packers are available in 5MM and 10MM thickness. Some folks install more then 1 in order to gain more lift. I think someone posted a message about NOT installing more than 2 trim packers.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
I have one (5 mm) installed on mine to level it out side to side as described above. I didn't really notice that much lean (toward the driver's side) but decided to install it to help any further sagging toward the heavy driver side (not me, engine components).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do you know where I can order a couple of 5mm trim packers?

Thanks,

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
I never even installed those things, just put your wife or girlfreinds purse in the passenger seat, it should do about the same as those packers.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts