Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hit a bird!! And it exploded!!

I was going 45 when I see 2 gray morning birds fly in front of the fj, one got away but the other tagged my windshield and exploded! I had my window down and feathers just flew all over and in the rear view it was like a morning bird flak cannon shot went off.

Well I'm satisfied :)

Btw absolutely no damage to the fj what so ever

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
hahaha awesome.

I nailed a bat going about 90 one time. How did i know it was a bat? Well, its wing was glued via guts to my roofrack :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Watch out Bambi :rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Your new nickname is "the Birdman of Bethlehem"!!! :rocker:

You state that, "It finally Happened". Have you been bird hunting for awhile?

I took out about 20 Sparrows about 100 years ago in my Fiero 2M4. The feather exsplosion in the rear view was comical.

Good hunting Logan :flamethrower:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
A long time ago I was blazing along a straight stretch of Hwy 101 in my '71 Firebird with about the hottest blonde I've ever dated. On the horizon, a crow was hoping around so I announced that I was going to mow it over (kidding). I was doing about 90mph. No matter what I did to avoid it at short range, that crow kept lining itself up perfect with my front end. Bingo, dead center, exploded. Have to admit it did get good to me, I hate crows.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
While chasing down a speeder a few months ago I nailed a dove at 110 w/ the Crown Vic. It took 10-15 minutes to remove the dove from between the bumper and the grill. It's just lucky that you didn't have any damage.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Way to go.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice!!!:rocker::rocker: I don't like birds anyways, they always want to sh*t on either you or your car!:flame:

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
it was like a morning bird flak cannon shot went off.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was driving between Seattle and Spokane a few years ago in my Suburban and I'm driving across the flat farm lands with a nice blanket of snow everywhere including the road. I can see off in the distance what looks like bare pavement. That's strange I thought to myself. I got closer and all of a sudden the "pavement" took flight. Hundreds of little finch type birds were sitting on the road because the snow is much less or at least they can stand on top of it.

Well this flight of birds takes off and I'm thinking I doing 60 on compact snow and ice - no way I'm touching my breaks. So like out of some slow motion movie scene I start seeing each individual flight path of the birds as I'm barrelling toward them. Thump - thump - took two in the windshield. No damage but I can taste my seat cushion foam if you know what I mean. (Think if pucker factor) So now I'm still a couple hours from Spokane and each time I see a dark patch I start to slow down way back. I start seeing these little guys dartting back and forth trying to decide wich way to escape and every one of them that took three or more turns got thumped.

I took a few more hits but no real damage. I stopped for gas and went to look a the grill. I ended up prying 6 of the poor little buggers out of my tube grill. :mecry:

I told that story to a friend of mine and he says, well I guess the just goes to prove if you can't decide which way to turn you get run over.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Happened to me once to...I was going about 80MPH on the German Auto Bahn when all of a sudden I see a huge bird(condor like) fall from the sky, like it had been shot or just died. Anyways, it his smack in the middle of my windshield. I just braced for impact and slowy breaked to the side of the road to check for damage. ... This bird had a wing span wider then my car and all was OK. It was a 1983 Toyota Corolla ...

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Last week after I pulled into my garage my son was walking ahead of me and turns around and says there is a bird stuck on the bumper. Huh? A black capped chickadee was sitting on the bumper. Don't know if he fell out of a tree and we were driving around for a while with it sitting there or if he was flying and got caught there. He was half dead so I grabbed it and tossed it into the woods. Wacky birds!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well, it's one less bird that I'll have to clean bird crap off my FJ. The birds are so bad in the parking area where I work that they put in some fake sound system noises from the top of the office buildings of a hawk attacking birds. It seems to help some.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Well, I don't see why it is so cool that an animal died.
X2 I don't see any humor in this at all. I feel terrible when I hit anything. And before people start calling me a cry baby, tree hugger.... I hunt. I kill to eat, not for a laugh. Not that you intended to kill this bird.... but I just don't think it is funny.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Years ago I hit a pheasant with my 85 cougar. It sounded like someone threw a brick at my windshield. Totally destroyed the windshield, in fact there was even glass pieces on the dash. Lucky it didn't come right through!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Back in the mid 90's I had a Toyota pick up and was driving through a rural area and while passing by a pond I saw this blur and then WHAM.....Sounded like a gun going off....Turned out to be a goose that was a bit "altitude challenged" and hit the windshield. We got stopped and went back to find the culprit and it was already back into the water ....swimming in circles....But alive all the same. About two days later I flipped on the defroster and fan on hi and got more than a few feathers blown into the cab of the truck....And yes I did laugh.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts