Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be talking with the Best Buy installer again before the new head unit is installed this coming Sat. morning, but is this the correct way to run this? Here's what I'm planning on doing: They will install the HU, it has 3 set's of RCA outputs, & I'll do the rest myself. I want to run a 4 channel amp to the dash 4" & door 6X9's off the first RCA set, a 2nd 4ch to rear seat 6" (to be installed soon) & the rear pillar 4" off 2nd RCA set. The 3rd RCA will power a mono amp for the sub/subs, whatever I decide to do back there. Is this correct or do I have no idea what I'm doing here? Obviously I'm not very well versed in the stereo stuff so if there's a right way to do things please explain it to me. Question: What do you do you do if the head unit has only one RCA output? Or none at all? & you want to run amps.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
82 view's & not one comment? Is this an oddball situation/question? I just need to know what to do here. Maybe post up on a different forum. Still welcome any advice here.

·
Registered
675 Posts
IN MY OPINION,

You should run a pair of separates in the front.
I know you are doing the FJ REAR PODS so you really will not need the speakers in the waaaay back.

Simplify your life and use one 4ch amp... or bridge the 4 channels and make 2 channel amps out of them and double your power...

Sub amp will be fine the way you are thinking...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RMS & AMPs output rate is not yet known, haven't bought them yet. I have to do this one piece at a time. I got the head unit Saturday & will be installing it myself today, (someone here said in another post, "Save yourself the $104 & install the HU yourself, very easy") I looked it up in the "how to section" & he was right, super easy. Anyway, I'll be out shopping for the amp's & SUB's today. Might run up to the local weekly Flea market, there is a guy that has all kinds of cer stereo stuff new in the box. I'll have to check him out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts