Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok now that I am offical BlueJSnormous of the AZFJ crowd I am tooooooing out this challenge to everyone else coming to the Summit...
Stop by a truckstop, fill your tank then roll onto the scale.....
At the Chilli cook-off or sometime we can compare rolling wgt to GVW...I think a lot of folks will be surprised by the numbers.

Who accepts my challenge?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Re: On the "Wiegh" to Ouray Challenge

Oh and on the way out of town we did a quick stop at a semi-truck scale....6440 lbs with passengers, full tank & gear...ouch!

Lance weighed his rig before he started his expedition. He wonders if anyone else would like to compare the weight of thier own rigs relative to the fj's Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR).

Trucker's scales can weigh your rig and they give you a little receipt with your vehicles weight on it.

(translation by GGM)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
typical scene...
drive over by scale usually a sign w/ cb channel for scale person...
tell them you are a 4wd & just curious...
there are usually green & red lights...follow instruction..
fee a few bucks
worth the knowledge

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Some landscape companies have a scale too. There's one 2 mins from my house that we buy lots from, so maybe I'll swing by there.

We won't even be close, but it'll be good to know.

·
Registered
547 Posts
so I cant just drive up onto a bathroom scale?? cause my aunt uses one of those and shes HUGE!! heck its gotta go up to 7000lbs

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Re: On the "Wiegh" to Ouray Challenge

Is there a fee/charge for that, and can anybody use the trucker's scales??

Yes. I've done this a couple of times with various 4x4 rigs to get the correct weights for springs. It's usually a few dollars to $5 and takes just a few minutes.

HTH,
Sean

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Come on folks...take up the challenge..find out if you are over Gross Vehicle Wgt as you travel to the Summit.
I bet I am not the only one!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I'm not surprised nobody is doing this... the truth hurts!

With a CRAPLOAD of stupid stuff that I never carry (roof top tent, 75 changes of clothes, food for an army, enough cooking gear to make 20 gallons of chilli, etc) I am at 5530lbs, juuuust under GVWR.

Come on folks, weigh up!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am really not suprised you guys were all chicken to find out how much you wgt :)
I know many folks are on their way home and still have a chance to see what a fully loaded rig comes to on the scales...it is worth the knowledge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts